Great new, but not wearing well
By cheddar_brett on
2009 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
Bought this car new in Fall '08. I was a fan of the Nissan line, and this car seemed a good value. Yet, fit and finish and wear has been a source of pain and expense. I would not recommend, wished I'd bought something different (and paid more), and won't be buying any more Nissans in the future.
Favorite Features
This car was a good value when new. It drives nicely, and has a good amount of interior room. Compared to competitive cross-overs from Mazda, Toyota, and others, it felt sporty and seemed a good price.
Suggested Improvements
Fit and finish on the inside has been awful. Within months, things like the sun-shade started falling off the inside of the car. Later, carpet started coming up, and inside of two years interior door panels/parts starting coming off when the driver's side door was closed. Horrible. Also, I've replaced the brakes several times. Pads? OK. But I've had to replace the front and rear rotors multiple times as well. There is little invested in this part of the car, as the rotors warp and wear easily. This car will be in rough shape and require replacement long before it is paid off. That stinks