2009 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Murano SL AWD
By bbk on 05/21/09 19:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This crossover is a terrific vehicle and is fun to drive. It has many great features, but you need to get all the packages to achieve that. The ride is smooth with great pick up.

09 murano
By alfiez81 on 05/18/09 22:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I got an 09 le murano, I love the the way it handles and how comfortable it is. The thing i dont like is how in the winter when it snows the rims always get snow building up and makes it shake or ride ruff down the road. I know all rims do that after alot of snow but not everytime it snows. Another thing is my driver door has frozen shut on me twice from just he slush splashing up. I dont know if i got a bad seal or what? other then that i love it! Where do u get new tires i cant find any store that carries 235/55/20?

Great Car/Bad Service
By Robert on 05/14/09 12:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love this car, I was one of the first people to buy the new Murano at my dealership when it came out. The only problem I've had with it is the front cap is loose, and the dealer is having trouble fixing it. I love the comfort, we have done a lot of traveling, the car already has 28,000 miles on it, and not one complaint. Just wish I could get the service dept to do their job.

I really, really like it
By Linda G on 05/12/09 06:19 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased the SL AWD with the dual moonroof, leather, premium and technology packages, wanted the LE, but couldn't justify the extra cash. It's been 9 months, and I must say, the car has grown on me. In the last month I've seen so many '09 Murano's on the road, the word must have gotten out. I must admit it was kind of nice being the only one around.

Very Disappointed
By SBlaine on 05/11/09 10:55 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I was smitten with the Murano's good looks and equally good reputation. It hasn't lived up to my expectations. There is a rattling at the back of the vehicle (I think it's the liftgate) that the dealer hasn't been able to fix in two tries. There is also a buzzing sound that comes from the center control stack of instruments. This makes my new car a constant source of annoyance. There was an electrical problem with a window that was fixed on my first repair visit. I'd do anything to get out from under this car but it would be too expensive to do. I'm also not pleased with my mileage, just barely 18 mpg for hiway and city driving (about 50-50). Don't get suckered in by the sharp looks!

Love At First Sight!
By deltagirl on 05/10/09 19:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My parent's car recently died, so I gave them my 2008 RX350. The Murano was aesthetically pleasing externally (a head turner) and with the 2009 internal upgrades it was hard to find any disqualifying features (save the orange display). Check it out yourself!

Great Vehicle! Read my review!
By WAZ on 05/07/09 18:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Waited awhile to write in review but first to clarify a couple things from others reviews... memory seats are available(LE model) & you don't have to use premium gas. I definitely agree with the folks that say this is a poor mans Lexus RX! What sold me: It is super quiet inside, very comfortable (I'm 6'2"), roomy front & back, all the goodies like intelligent key, backup camera, etc. I actually did little research on this vehicle before testing it out but once I drove it, it had my attention. I bought SL and added Leather, Tech, Performance Pkgs (& moonroof)... it saved me $3-$4k from buying LE and only diff is nav system, memory seats, rear-heated seats, ipod hookup... not worth 3k to me!

LOVE my new Murano!
By Jen on 05/01/09 13:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I drove the Maxda CX-7 and even though it has the 4 cylinder turbo, I think the Murano has just as much "pick up" without the turbo. Mine has heated leather seats which I highly recommend. I love the stability control and the all wheel drive. I live where it gets about 600 inches of snow in the winter and the snow doesn't even phase it! It's quieter than the Mazda and the ride is more cushie with the Murano. I did A TON of research and gave many other makes a chance, but I am SO glad that I got the Murano. I love it!The LE has all the bells&whistles but if you can't afford that, the S is still a great car! Cheers!

My thoughts on the 2009 Murano SL
By Z-Man on 04/30/09 16:16 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

No problems in the first year/15,000 miles of ownership. Just returned from a 2610 mile road trip up the coast of California to Oregon and back home to San Diego with a 2 day stop in Yosemite. We traveled twisting mountain back roads, country 2 lane roads to freeways and have to say this is the best touring vehicle we have ever owned.

Quietest Ride for under $50,000
By Dave In Portland on 04/21/09 21:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Leased RX 330 + RX 350 for the last six years. Spent last two months testing all brands to try and find something better for less $$. Low road noise important - I have hearing damage. Tried everything to $50,000,and the Murano and the TIGUAN were the two most quiet cars using decibel meter on common stretch of highway at 60 MPH measured at drivers left ear and middle of car interior. Mercedes and BMW were both louder by 2-3 db and worse gas mileage. Murano quiet as the Lexus identical db stats even with LE 20 inch wheels. Rented SL for 2 weeks louder than LE by 1 db! MPG 1 less than Lexus. Venza 4 db louder! 2010 RX530 NOT quieter than previous year. Murano lease 2/3 $ Lexus - loaded to max!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Murano Suv in VA is:

$120 per month*