Used 2009 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Murano

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Very surprised
By Happy

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have driven many high end SUV's, from Porsche to Land rover's and this SUV is right up there with them. Sure the Murano may not be as fast or handle as well, but it is not slacking either. It drives like a car! Very comfortable! The Tech is very intuitive, much better than what the germans have to offer. The Ipod integration is simple, and the Bose sound system is amazing! This has true "keyless entry," never have to remove it from my pocket! Bottom line is the price, you get so much for so little, good job, very satisfied!

Favorite Features

20 inch wheels! All the tech, especially keyless entry and Bose sound system. Dual sunroof!!

Suggested Improvements

Side view mirror turn signals. Besides the wheels, more of a distinction for the LE from the lower models. Accents for the vents

mistake
By S AWD

2009 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Several features we like but the bouncy ride is very bad. Didn't drive enough prior to purchasing as certified used with 39m. CVT transmission is great as is the powerful 3.6l engine. The awd is good as is the dash controls. But again the ride is awful actually at highway speeds 65 to 70 can be dangerous when over bumps dut to bounce to right. If in left hand curve with bumps watchout! A definite don't buy ride is important.

Favorite Features

power, awd, accessibility of dash controls, exterior style, interior room, mpg ok good on hwy but bad in town.

Suggested Improvements

shocks to improve safety over bumps and ridge. purchase rearveiw camera dut to poor visibility rear side.

Good car
By geogeo

2009 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

purchased used with 31k miles, as soon as I took it home, made noise from rear. Dealer says it needs a new rear differential. Covered under warranty, but my question is, why so soon? This is a major repair. Other than that vehicle is solid, the gas is not bad for a 2+ ton CUV and the cvt definitely takes away from the performance on this vehicle. Nissan service should be questioned, they told me the part would be in one day, now its delayed for at least 2 weeks. driving an '10 altima is fine, but i would like my murano back to keep driving it

Favorite Features

MP3 AUDIO!! I put 6 disc and havnt even gotten to the 2nd disc!

Suggested Improvements

rear diff covered under powertrain. maybe extend powertrain to 6/70 like infiniti models have. The headlights are extremely dim, so standard HIDs would be great and also a manual shift mode for better performance like the altimas have

Getting worse with age
By RNkaji

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had my Murano for a little over a year and a half. I love it, however...in that time period I have had to replace my battery twice. The problem I am having now is the battery will not hold a charge. I have to charge the battery frequently, but it only lasts a week or so, and I don't drive very much. Also the dealership can't figure out what is wrong with it either. But I am learning that this is a common problem with Nissans. If someone could only figure out how to fix it the car would be perfect!

Favorite Features

Navigation and bluetooth. Very smooth drive. Plus it is pretty!

Suggested Improvements

Fix the electrical issues! Visibility is not fabulous but you get used to it. Lots of rattling with the plastic at the base of the windshield.

Too Many Rattles
By Katie

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned this 09 Murano SL for 18 months. I am happy overall with this purchase, however I have experienced a few issues. After 6 months my brakes started squeaking, they finally fixed them by replacing the brake pads and lubricating the rotors. The brake pads were not worn, the problem was in the rotors. A few months later, the car started to rattle in many different locations. The service department is still trying to figure out the issues. My Murano SL is loaded with great goodies, more than my husbands Mercedes ML350, but it's just not built as well.

Favorite Features

CVT, Great acceleration and handling, smart key is awesome, navigation is easy to use being a touchscreen, rear view camera nice, auto folding rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

rain sensing windshield wipers need major improvement - they turn on great when it's not raining. Fix those squeaks and rattles!