Used 2009 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Disappointment for a High Dollar Vehicle
By AJS

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've owned the Murano LE for approximately 26 months and have not had any major problems with it except maintenance. Replacement of the air filter was $75.00 and I could not believe this cost. Tires only lasted 14,500 miles and I could not find replacement 20 inch tires for it. Dealer price for these tires was $350.00 each. Lots of intermittent electrical problems with the tail gate being found open in the morning when I came out of the house, my radio and almost all of my other electronic devices would die on occasion and then come back. Dealer could not find anything. Goes fine in up to 4 inches of snow but after that nothing. Being traded in shortly on an american vehicle.

None really

Driver Seats need to be redone. Ground clearance needs to raised. And very pricey for the quality.

Solid Car all phases
By Zeike

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had my Murano for nearly 3 months now and so far, so good. The ride is smooth bordering on luxurious. The gadgets and accommodations are enjoyable (iPod interface, panoramic roof, xenons, sensing wipers, memory seats, trunk dividers/shade). Coming from an Audi this car is not as fun to drive but it is certainly responsive and well built. Looked at the Venza and Santa Fe and the Murano is a much nicer ride than the Hyundai and offers more features than the Venza, with better pricing. Only minor complaints are the gas mileage has been right at 20 mpgs while I was hoping for closer to the 23 number and the in dash cd is just a single. Overall, very pleased but need to practice parking.

iPod interface Panoramic Sunroof Memory Seats - includes mirrors and wheel Keyless Entry Trunk divider/shade All wheel drive Blue tooth 20" Rims Xenons

Front console takes up a lot of interior space In dash CD changer needed for Bose/Nav package iPod interface doesn't charge iPod AWD lock function is difficult to use

Comfort and Quality
By Smackowv

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Most comfortable long ride vehicle I have ever owned (6'4"). Has not required a trip to the dealer for anything. Excellent in all driving conditions. Would buy another in a heartbeat!

Front seat comfort and handling

A little more front headroom. More accessible second outlet.

I love my Murano
By OldKingsFan

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had the Murano almost 2 years and I am still glad I bought it. I wish I had gotten the Navi sys. But the cheap in me came out. I couldn't be happier this has been a great SUV. The one draw back is the gas mileage. I didn't realize I had a lead foot.

Everything -

The rear view can be a problem. Back up camera is OK

Luv it!
By Mark

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Very fun and quick. The CVT trans is great - like a rocket blasting off - no hard shifting - nice and smooth. No bouncing, rattles or anything wrong for me.

Bose, handling, acceleration - All of it! It's a good thing my young boys are with me most of the time - or else the tickets would start again -

Memory seating should not only be available with Nav upgrade - my wife is 4'10". Lighted center console.