Used 2009 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Love My Murano
By drivesalot1

2009 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just purchased my used 09 Murano with 29k miles on it. Dealer installed leather heated seats and sunroof.I am getting 23 MPG with mostly highway driving. 3.5 L engine is very fast and car gives a smooth ride on highway and over bumps. Black Interior looks really sharp and is nicely laid out, really like the orange lighted gauges.Stereo system provides clear sound and cranks nicely. I love driving this car and it is a head-turner!

Leather Heated Seats are very comfortable. Sunroof has a vent setting and multiple open positions. Car is very quick and fast on highway but still gets good gas mileage. Interior feels roomy. Giant Glove box that can hold a laptop.

Better Tires, prefer Goodyear over Bridgestone. Better quality chrome on tail pipes (really nitpicking!) Make fog lights standard.

I found the perfect vehicle
By Matt Josephs

2009 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Forget the rest of the pack and go for the best! The Nissan Murano is the perfect vehicle for all around driving. This is my second Murano. The first was a leased 2006, loaded with moon roof and leather. I loved it so much that I purchased the 2009. The problem with the Murano is that you will enjoy driving it so much that you will exceed your lease limits. So go and buy one! This is a road trip waiting to happen. I have driven in blinding snowstorms from Buffalo, NY, through the mountains of West Virginia, and onto the beach at St Simons, Georgia. This vehicle will take you up and down hills, through unploughed roads, and pass 18 wheelers like a bullet. It is fast. It is the perfect SUV!

CVT Transmission gives smooth ride and outstanding gas mileage. This vehicle looks good. I replaced the crappy Bridgestone stock tires with BF Goodrich and the road grip and traction is vastly improved! I enjoy the smooth ride, the great acceleration, and the fact that nothing has ever broken, ever!

Better stock tires would improve traction. A speedometer disconnect button would help those of us who enjoy driving but do not want to count up the miles.

2009 Murano Lease
By Steve M

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Although Nissan recommends premium fuel, we have always used regular and still get excellent acceleration and 'as stated on the sticker' gas mileage. The computer seems to adjust for the different fuel grade very well. I would have rated interior comfort a 10, but the seats need some fine tuning. Coming from an Altima, the seats feel 'awkward'. The CVT transmission seems flawless. It's so nice not to have annoying shift points!

XM radio CVT transmission Adjustable headlights Pop-up grocery bag bin Auto wipers Auto headlights Seat heaters Dual-zone A/C controls

The LE model needs to have a multimedia card slot (SD) without upgrading to the LE package.

Should have kept my Sienna
By emharn5

2009 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I was ready to be done with minivans with the kids off to college. Traded sienna for the 2009 Murano with 30K miles. Base AWD model, very clean. Same common complaint about cheap plastic inside with A LOT of rattles and squeaking whenever you hit small ruts and bumps in the road. Ride is firm but plenty of power. very smooth shifting and I am averaging 23.5 mpg. Big loss of cargo meant I had to rent uhaul to carry 50 in TV. blind spots take getting use to. Seats very comfortable. Murano wanders easily on highway so can be tiring. took getting use to. My wife doesn't like driving the Murano saying it is an effort to be smooth with the gas pedal and keep it from wandering out of lane

outstanding in snow, especially up steep hills. never had trouble getting up our steep neighborhood road this winter which is a first for us. great seats with superb lumbar support. love the 6 disk cd changer. Like the high 18 inch tires for clearance and drive height.

interior quality. get rid of the constant squeaks and rattles. this may drive me to trade this in quickly

Way to Much Fun!
By Ticket Man

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Traded in my loaded 2004 Explorer XLT, and got my loaded Murano SL. This is a fun car to drive, to much fun. Have driven Trans-Am's, Grand Nationals and Chevelle SS. No this is not quite as fast as the last two but this is a very fun car to drive while not attracting to much attention from the man. My wife is right in telling me this car goes to fast for my foot, well over 100 easily! (Got a ticket to prove it, rats!). Be careful, but still loads of fun with the Bose system blasting and sunroof open!

OK, leather is very good, sound system is fantastic, sun roof to die for, backup camera is required and acceleration is instant and doesn't lag at all, be aware!

Seats could be more comfortable, just can't find that right position for a 6+ hour drive. Other than that none.