2009 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
my second murano
By william on 11/16/09 17:47 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I like this car so much that I had to get another one,,, even after having a 04 model with transmission trouble and front wheel bearing trouble, I understood that that was just the new model problem. Even though my 04 was a good car, this one is even better,,,

Very Please with Murano
By Joe Virginia on 11/13/09 11:48 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Recommended by other Murano owners and glad I purchased this. Great rode trip vehicle. Storage space is limited. Very comfortable with 4 adults. Side view mirrors are xlarge and makes up for limited rear view mirror visibility. Very quiet overall at any speed; but if if external winds are reasonably high, the Murano doesn't smoothly cut through them and you get some cabin noise (but it isn't terrible). Nav system w/ XM traffic is fantastic. Display is large and clear. At 6'4" I required something that would fit me and the leg, hip and shoulder room are very adequate.

Not Dissapointed
By Primadonna on 11/04/09 19:30 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have wanted a Murano ever since I it came out in 2003. I was just a college student with dreams of owning this car. On Halloween, I finally decided to lease a 2009 Sl with 360 value package; glacier pearl/beige. I love it. The ride is smooth, the seats are comfortable, the stereo is rich, and it looks great. I can't wait to get an ipod and try out the intergration kit.

6 months and still loving it!
By funneverends on 10/31/09 15:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my first Nissan and my first SUV. I have been reading every review I could find and test driving all makes and models before I chose this one. It took me a year before I decided. I am still so happy every time I walk up to my SUV. It is so easy to drive. One of the best decisions that I have made.

VERY NICE VEHICLE -OVERALL
By elp on 10/25/09 18:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We bought this vehicle after looking at and driving many competing suv's. After 2 months and 4000 miles of assorted driving I find that I am overall satisfied with the Murano because it does what we bought it for, larger size, 2 rows of seats with plenty of room between them, ease of entry, and a fair load of features as we have it equipped. However, I find several small items on the Murano that I would like to be improved to make it great. Just my suggestions which I will list below. This SL has premium, technology, and leather packages.

2nd Murano - Just got the 2009 Version
By nocbtuba1 on 10/03/09 13:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I just took ownership of a 2009 Murano- SL AWD. This is my second Murano previous one was a 2006 SL FWD. At first drive, I actually like this Murano better than the 2006. Though I will miss the adjustable pedals. I like the new dash, a little more traditional than the 2006. quality is excellent! The Bose system is better in the 2009 than the 2006. THis is very important to me, I'm in the profession.THe 2009 is way less muddy sounding, crisper highs. Driving feels even better, and I loved the 2006. I never had mechanical issues with the first, I hope the second is just as good, if not better. Great job, Nissan.

Disappointed with my 2009
By Oskertwo on 09/30/09 17:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had a 2005 Murano and loved it. After test driving the 2009, I decided to trade the old one. The 2009 is definitely more refined than my 2005. However, the 2009 has been riddled with squeaks, creaks and rattles since delivery. It has been off the road for almost a month in total as the dealer has tried to repair it. After replacing almost all plastic pieces in the interior of the vehicle, there is now an issue with how the body panels were assembled at the factory. Nissan is not clear yet how to fix this issue. It likely will involve body work, re- welding the panels and inserting some type of insulation to prevent rubbing during body flex. Stay tuned. Check other blogs for similar posts

Replacement for Lexus ES 350
By bmt22033 on 09/30/09 06:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Following back surgery, I needed to replace my beloved Lexus ES 350 and I finally decided on the 09 Murano. I was leaning towards the Lexus RX 350 but after spending some time with the Murano, I couldn't justify paying an extra $8k - $10k. This was my first Nissan and for a non-luxury brand, I've been very impressed with the car. The build quality is great and the ride is very smooth. The interior is well crafted and very quiet. With the possible exception of the grill, the exterior styling is very handsome, as well. If you're in the market for a crossover/mid-sized SUV (luxury brand or otherwise), the Murano should be near the top of your list.

Jack of all trades
By DH on 09/25/09 17:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Read over hundred editor/customer reviews on the Murano. Read and drove all the usual suspect comparisons. It came down to the CX9 (very good suv) but for our needs it was too big. We liked the Murano's size and we didn't require a huge amount of storage space. We use this as an everyday commuter vehicle and staying within the speed limits get about 23miles per gallon highway. The Murano does everything well but not great. Its certainly not a luxury suv, sporty or hockey mom suv but it does all those things adequately. While some decry CVT we found it to be one of the Muranos stronger points. We hope Nissan does not add a 3rd seat as there is stil a market place for a true mid-size suv.

Happy Murano Owner
By Becky on 09/25/09 09:19 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Love my new Murano! I got the S AWD with the convenience pkg. in glacier pearl. It is everything I had hoped for. Nice to drive and looks good on the road. Looked at the Toyota Rav4 and Chevy Equinox, the Murano out shines the others by far!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Murano in VA is:

$120 per month*