2009 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Solid Car all phases
By Zeike on 02/02/10 10:59 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had my Murano for nearly 3 months now and so far, so good. The ride is smooth bordering on luxurious. The gadgets and accommodations are enjoyable (iPod interface, panoramic roof, xenons, sensing wipers, memory seats, trunk dividers/shade). Coming from an Audi this car is not as fun to drive but it is certainly responsive and well built. Looked at the Venza and Santa Fe and the Murano is a much nicer ride than the Hyundai and offers more features than the Venza, with better pricing. Only minor complaints are the gas mileage has been right at 20 mpgs while I was hoping for closer to the 23 number and the in dash cd is just a single. Overall, very pleased but need to practice parking.

Comfort and Quality
By Smackowv on 01/30/10 11:05 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Most comfortable long ride vehicle I have ever owned (6'4"). Has not required a trip to the dealer for anything. Excellent in all driving conditions. Would buy another in a heartbeat!

I love my Murano
By OldKingsFan on 01/18/10 09:04 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had the Murano almost 2 years and I am still glad I bought it. I wish I had gotten the Navi sys. But the cheap in me came out. I couldn't be happier this has been a great SUV. The one draw back is the gas mileage. I didn't realize I had a lead foot.

Luv it!
By Mark on 01/16/10 11:42 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Very fun and quick. The CVT trans is great - like a rocket blasting off - no hard shifting - nice and smooth. No bouncing, rattles or anything wrong for me.

Best Crossover Value
By kds46119 on 01/15/10 11:58 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This vehicle has far better grade interior materials than its competitors. Historical and reliable V6 NISSAN engine. EPA HY 27 plus on a trip to Atlanta 400miles on a tank with left over gas. Great modern styling v boxy outdated competition. Smooth ride.

Very surprised
By Happy on 12/27/09 11:41 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have driven many high end SUV's, from Porsche to Land rover's and this SUV is right up there with them. Sure the Murano may not be as fast or handle as well, but it is not slacking either. It drives like a car! Very comfortable! The Tech is very intuitive, much better than what the germans have to offer. The Ipod integration is simple, and the Bose sound system is amazing! This has true "keyless entry," never have to remove it from my pocket! Bottom line is the price, you get so much for so little, good job, very satisfied!

mistake
By S AWD on 12/19/09 09:53 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Several features we like but the bouncy ride is very bad. Didn't drive enough prior to purchasing as certified used with 39m. CVT transmission is great as is the powerful 3.6l engine. The awd is good as is the dash controls. But again the ride is awful actually at highway speeds 65 to 70 can be dangerous when over bumps dut to bounce to right. If in left hand curve with bumps watchout! A definite don't buy ride is important.

Good car
By geogeo on 12/13/09 12:37 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

purchased used with 31k miles, as soon as I took it home, made noise from rear. Dealer says it needs a new rear differential. Covered under warranty, but my question is, why so soon? This is a major repair. Other than that vehicle is solid, the gas is not bad for a 2+ ton CUV and the cvt definitely takes away from the performance on this vehicle. Nissan service should be questioned, they told me the part would be in one day, now its delayed for at least 2 weeks. driving an '10 altima is fine, but i would like my murano back to keep driving it

Getting worse with age
By RNkaji on 11/20/09 04:06 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had my Murano for a little over a year and a half. I love it, however...in that time period I have had to replace my battery twice. The problem I am having now is the battery will not hold a charge. I have to charge the battery frequently, but it only lasts a week or so, and I don't drive very much. Also the dealership can't figure out what is wrong with it either. But I am learning that this is a common problem with Nissans. If someone could only figure out how to fix it the car would be perfect!

Too Many Rattles
By Katie on 11/18/09 12:30 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned this 09 Murano SL for 18 months. I am happy overall with this purchase, however I have experienced a few issues. After 6 months my brakes started squeaking, they finally fixed them by replacing the brake pads and lubricating the rotors. The brake pads were not worn, the problem was in the rotors. A few months later, the car started to rattle in many different locations. The service department is still trying to figure out the issues. My Murano SL is loaded with great goodies, more than my husbands Mercedes ML350, but it's just not built as well.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Murano in VA is:

$120 per month*