2009 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Grows on you very quickly
By pwk2000 on 03/22/08 23:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After 2 months this Murano keeps getting better. I suggest an extended test drive (over the weekend if possible) as this car just grows on you. Interior is a 10. I have black leather, it is very sharp looking and very comfortable for a big guy. Plenty of space. The ride and handling are extremely smooth! Very little bodyroll (as compared to other midsize SUVs). The transmission is perfect, easy power when you need to pass. Brakes are also very good. Driving on snow was a breeze. Exterior styling is ok nothing great, you will get plenty of looks and questions. I recommend this SUV to everyone.

Great Vehicle
By First Timer on 03/21/08 05:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my first Nissan and I am very impressed. Very nice features and the build quality appears to be outstanding. The ride is very comfortable. The interior has a nice fit and finish. I traded in a BMW for this vehicle and I found that the Nissan has more features and comfort. It is a very attractive vehicle inside and out. I would recommend this vehicle for those looking for a sport crossover. I could not find anything that could beat this, let alone at the price.

Great Buy
By Justin on 03/19/08 13:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great SUV. It is tremendously smooth and it has a ton of power. It certainly ranks up there with all the other luxury SUVs out there without being priced as high. The interior is roomy and comfy while the exterior is just flat out hot. Love the fact that it has a back up camera without actually purchasing the navigation. Push button start is nice but I don't like the fact that I can't listen to my music after it is off. The traditional turn key allowed me listen to my music even with the car off as I can turn the key about three forth of the way. Also wished the aux input was not located behind the center console. Can't comment on the fuel economy as my Murano still needs to break in.

Sporty SUV
By whoisthis on 03/19/08 12:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This SUV drives like a BMW 328. Hugs the road in luxury, refined over bumps, takes off in a flash, mileage isn't too bad. A lot of city and some freeway avg. is 20.5. This is my first Nissan but I feel like I have an upgraded Infiniti for $10K less. I'm 6' 3" and I have a lot of room to spare. Backseat is huge.

Dream Vehicle is now a Reality
By Daddygirl on 03/18/08 14:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I LOVE the 09 Murano. This is my first vehicle that I have purchased on my own. I love the way it drives, looks, the back up camera and the truck in general. I wish I could've gotten the dual panel moonroof. Regardless this is the best vehicle Nissan has created. GOOD JOB

2009 Murano
By Stan on 03/17/08 06:37 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We shopped through all of the crossovers and were most impressed initially with the room and options on the Murano. It drives very nicely and if you are not careful you will find yourself at 80 mph on the highway without realizing it. It is quiet and comfortable. I am 6'4" tall and I have plenty of room in the front and back seats. The acceleration is above average for the CUVs we tested and the vehicle handles well. Drive this before you buy any other CUV!

Very happy first time Nissan owner
By Marillion fan on 03/13/08 18:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had this car for about 3 weeks now and am extremely happy with my decision to get it. The 09 is so much better looking than the 07s I looked at. The interior in particular is superb in the leather and aluminum trim. I prefer the SL trim to the wood of the LE. On 2 long drives (500 mile round trips) I have gotten close to 26 MPG which I think is good for a care of this size and engine capacity. I plan on keeping this one for a long time.

Love it so far
By Busted Yuppie on 03/11/08 21:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Traded in a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE for this 'Mo and we love it! Very nicely detailed inside and out, handles much better than my Pathfinder. Definitely better gas mileage than the PF even though the Murano seems to be more peppy. Must be the extra HP for this year. We drove the 2007 and the '09 is a much better car: more power, smoother CVT, noticeably quieter and handled better too. Back seats are mucho better than the PF too--hated them on the PF for being so uncomfortable. I'm glad that Nissan didn't cave in and put in a 3rd row seat to mess up the back cargo area. Good on them for holding their ground. Buy it--you won't be disappointed!

My first Murano
By Dan on 03/10/08 20:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I just got my Murano a few days ago, the car is extremely great!! Modern looks, luxury interior, great mileage for an SUV. I compared the Infiniti EX35, FX45, Lexus RX350 and Murano, after all my research, test drives, etc. I ended up getting the Nissan Murano, sporty look, great tech features, great mileage. So far totally in love with the car. Thanks.

Awesome Vehicle
By sullylc on 03/08/08 08:32 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is our first midsize suv. This car is for my wife but I get a great joy driving it. Fuel economy is excellent in my opinion for the size motor and power. On a long trip I set cruise at different speeds for 1/2 hr at a time. 60 mph gave an average of 30 mpg while cruising on the back roads. At 80 mph on the interstate average mpg was 22.8. This will improve as the car gets broken in. Every thing about this car is excellent. It is very quite on the highway and comfortable for long trips. Safety in crash testing gave the Murano the highest rating of 9 midsize SUVs tested. Safety, looks, comfort, value, an unbeatable combination.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Murano Suv in VA is:

$120 per month*