Used 2009 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

I've had 2 Muranos
By Robert Gibeley

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2nd Murano in November of '08. Traded my '03 Muranowith 95,000 miles. I am not disappointed with new vehicle. Many improvements over previous model. Navagation system awesome, radio great with recording feature. Ride very good but noisy with moon roof open. I miss the memory seat that Nissan decided to remove from the "09--had it in the '03. Don't understand that decision? Overall, very satisfied, would highly recommend. I can fit 4 sets of golf clubs across the back of trunk. Try that in any other SUV out there, including Lexus RX, Lincoln MKX, Ford Edge--no way! I tried it already. Doesn't sound like a deal breaker, unless you are a golfer!

Music Box, Navigation System, XM radio, looks,comfort,CVT,reliability, zero financing, overall value.

Improved gas mileage--only getting 20 mpg. Bring back memory seats, improve wind noise from open moon roof, I-Pod connection standard. Introduce partial wooden steering wheel.

Very Solid.
By scotter63

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have only had my Murano for a few days, but it is a joy to drive. I love the intelligent key, and Bose sound. I had a 2003 Murano that I really enjoyed, but this one is built much more sturdy. The interior quality is much improved over the previous generation.

Intelligent key. Sat radio.

I love it.

2009 Murano
By Lillie

2009 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I noticed in some old entries that Wind noise was a problem at 50 MPH and up.Coming from the left side windows and doors.At the bottom of the steering wheel, the extra piece is really not needed.The seat belt is too close to the seat,on the drivers and passengers side hard to lock. Something needs to be done to the wind noise..........

09 Murano SL
By Mac

2009 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We traded in a Lexus RX a year ago for a Honda CRV, and have missed the comfort. Went shopping and found the SL more comfortable and quiet than the new RX for $10K less. Looked at the Edge as well but it just wasn't refined enough - the power lift gate support looked like it was just added - oh wait, it was, whereas the Murano had the lift designed into the upper support - nice touch. MPG could/should be better, only getting around 19-20 combined. Only have 2k miles so can't attest to reliability. My last Frontier was excellent. Love the dual panel moonroof but it is a little noisier than expected

Bluetooth, back-up camera, Bose sound system, comfortable and quiet ride. Moonroof, although a little noisier than my previous ones opens cleanly and I have had no leaks.

Fuel economy, should be memory seat for driver's side, separate indicator light for fog lights and for when cruise is engaged - had it on my Nissan truck

Best yet
By larbear

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We loved our old Murano and missed it in the recent snows we have had and the room it afforded to take dogs and gear. So we purchased a new one and couldn't be more pleased. The car like handling is even better and so are all the options. The Murano is just plain fun to drive. You almost forget it is an SUV. And the gas mileage is not bad. There is plenty of spunk too delivered through a smooth CVT that is also an improvement. The spunk though comes at a price - premium fuel. We looked at Toyota, Honda, etc. but are delighted with the Murano.

Comfortable seating, precise handling,smooth transmission and overall comfort. Lots of passenger room and gadgets galore.

Could use a bit more cargo space and would like to be able to use regular gas.

• SUV