2009 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
I Dare You To Find a Better Deal!
By Dusty on 04/07/08 13:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had no intentions of replacing my ‘04, paid-for, Murano with an ’09. But, curiosity got to me, so I went to the dealership & drove one. Within minutes, I was buying. The previous Murano was fantastic – a well-built, great looking SUV with plenty of neat features for a reasonable cost. The ’09 improves on virtually every aspect of the previous version: better build, more power, way more features – for less! For looks, I like this one better now, but all-in- all, the first gen was better looking for its time. If you’re considering a Murano: a) drive it, b) ask others who own one, c) do a comparison. This vehicle truly holds its own when compared to vehicles costing $10K more,

Love the 2009!!
By Douglasville Newbie on 04/07/08 11:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love driving the 2009 Murano. Had test drove the Infiniti FX35 loved the car but husband wanted me to check out the 2009 Murano and I loved it and bought it the same day. I did not compromise anything with the purchase.

What A Sweet Car
By LosCampiones on 04/04/08 20:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Picked up my 2009 SL AWD today, and man is it fun to drive. It has every option you can get on the SL (i have the dual panel moonroof instead of the DVD). The wife loves the dual panel moonroof, I love the navigation and the bluetooth. The start of the engine is a nice growl, and the rearview camera will start your journey out the right way. The turning radius is great, and the handling of the sterring wheel is fantastic. The ride truly is smooth, even over bumps and road imperfections, and you will find yourself well over the speed limit if you don't monitor your speed. The CVT truly is quite nice once you get used to it. Braking is safe and quick.

Seats
By 50 ish on 04/04/08 14:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had my 09 SL for a week now and while I am very pleased with how it drives and handles, it has the most uncomfortable seats I have had. Besides poor alignment, even with power seats they are rock hard! If you ever have had had back issues, I would really take a 2nd look at this before your purchase and consider a more level seat. The design is very poor for lower back support. Also there are numerous blind spots that I suppose can be adjusted to. It's a shame because it's a very cool car otherwise

I feel so cool
By tunes4life on 04/03/08 09:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Had a Nissan Pathfinder traded it in for a Murano because Pathfinders are too big now. Feel really good about my decision. 2009 model looks really slick exterior and interior. VERY comfortable for a larger guy like me 6'3 200lb. Rides like a dream. Was originally looking at Mazda CX-7. CX-7 would have been slightly less $ but the difference is large. Very quiet ride and unbelievable comfort. Love the CVT. I go the leather interior with are very soft and comfy, especially when compared with its competitors. Look and feel of inside and outside as good if not better than some much more pricey Acura, Lexus, BMW models I looked at (briefly) for $10,000 less.

Enjoying the Ride So Far
By cubuff on 04/02/08 21:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

1st time Nissan buyer, test-drove Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander but liked the Murano best (I like the smaller size, I don't need 3rd row). Love this car so far, fit and finish / styling are top notch. Took it to the mountains to go skiing this past weekend and it did great, but not much snow or ice to challenge AWD on yet. Leather is comfortable, moonroof is fun. Am averaging about 19-20 mpg so far in mostly city driving but only 500+ miles on it so far. Very quiet, smoother ride than I expected from SUV. I was a bit worried about buying a Nissan due to their hit or miss reliability but am hoping it is above average like '07 design. I also hope crash test ratings come thru clean.

Love it!!
By Bella on 03/30/08 04:25 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Well, it's been a week and I love this car! Went from a Grand Cherokee and the difference is huge... butter soft leather, seat comfort, quiet ride, happy back seat passengers, great bose radio, and hands-free calls are just a few highlights. A tad tough to back up due to some blind spots but I'm sure I'll adjust. Could not be happier with my car!

Best value crossover SUV
By stactum on 03/28/08 09:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great car! I purchased mine 03/08/08 and so far put about 1200 miles on it and what can I say, every time I'm in it, I enjoy it every second. For me one of the important things is the handling and agility and I'd say it's been great, pretty much BMW-like. Steering and braking feel is excellent. I am getting roughly 21.5 MPG in mixed driving. It's been mentioned that you can't listen the music when car is off, but you just should try to press Start button without pressing brake pedal and it will work without engine being on.

Chicago Murano Owner
By Chicago MM on 03/25/08 20:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I used to drive a Volvo V70. I considered a Lexus RX, Acura RDX and Infiniti FX. This had the best combination of drivability (also fun to drive) and comfort. Unfortunately, its cargo area is smaller than other premium SUVs. Seating, however, is very comfortable for four or five adults. Good, confident handling with a firm, but smooth and quiet ride. Fast acceleration. It is easy to drive around the city; although, the gas mileage could be better. Road imperfections, including potholes, are well-handled. Terrific at high speeds on the highway, very stable with reasonable gas mileage. Speed-sensitive steering works very well.

Best value crossover SUV
By stactum on 03/24/08 18:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I own SL AWD for almost 3 weeks now and was able to test it in some heavy snow conditions here in WI and what can I say - just AMAZING! I liked the previous 07 Murano in the past and was waiting for redesign for about a year and Nissan did not disappoint me. I like the handling of this car a lot. I haven't driven BMW X5 which considered to be one of the best sportier handling SUVs, but Murano handles very well and secure, body lean is very little and steering and break feel is great. Interior space is just perfect for me, even it is a little smaller then 07 model. Exterior is still growing on me and I think in a year or so everybody will be talking how good looking this car is.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Murano in VA is:

$120 per month*