Used 2009 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Most Helpful|
Just Awesome
By Murano_Man

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased the Nissan Murano after looking at lots of other Crossovers. Almost got the SL with the 360 package, but am so happy I got the LE. I previously drove a 99 Nissan Altima and never had a problem with it, so another Nissan was a big draw for me. The only issue I had was with the XMradio. Some wiring issue prevented XM from showing up. It took the dealer a while to figure it out. Works like a charm now.

Favorite Features

The smooth CVT shifting, Auto Headlights, Auto Wipers, Power liftgate, Intellikey, Memory seats, and Bluetooth!

Suggested Improvements

More 12v adapters in the rear seats. Reducing the "blind spots" & gas mileage...of course!

Solid Car all phases
By Zeike

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had my Murano for nearly 3 months now and so far, so good. The ride is smooth bordering on luxurious. The gadgets and accommodations are enjoyable (iPod interface, panoramic roof, xenons, sensing wipers, memory seats, trunk dividers/shade). Coming from an Audi this car is not as fun to drive but it is certainly responsive and well built. Looked at the Venza and Santa Fe and the Murano is a much nicer ride than the Hyundai and offers more features than the Venza, with better pricing. Only minor complaints are the gas mileage has been right at 20 mpgs while I was hoping for closer to the 23 number and the in dash cd is just a single. Overall, very pleased but need to practice parking.

Favorite Features

iPod interface Panoramic Sunroof Memory Seats - includes mirrors and wheel Keyless Entry Trunk divider/shade All wheel drive Blue tooth 20" Rims Xenons

Suggested Improvements

Front console takes up a lot of interior space In dash CD changer needed for Bose/Nav package iPod interface doesn't charge iPod AWD lock function is difficult to use

It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This!
By Debbie

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Looked at the Muranos prior to 2008, about the time I decided to buy one, they stopped production (none in 2008). When production resumed in 2009 (for 2010 models) I hit the dealership. Found the one I wanted - exactly - and bought it. OMG! Fell in love that day and still in the honeymoon phase with this Murano.

Favorite Features

The ride is like riding on a cloud. Wow, what comfort. Wouldn't hesitate for one second to get in and hit the road for miles and miles. Love the bells and whistles - controls on steering wheel, nav system, backup camera is so nice. Simply love this Xover.

Suggested Improvements

Rear visibility and gas mileage could be better. Short of that this is a perfect ride!

My disappointments
By oldmrt

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Problems with leaking head gaskets, leaking transfer case (twice repaired), defective engine mounts and seat positioning number setting that never holds seem to be common with Murano 2009 owners and we are no exception. At 70,000 miles the car is showing all the signs of a Lemon. Up until now we were strong supporters of the Nissan line, but when the manufacturer does not stand behind a chronic problem I think it's time to look at other manufacturers for better warranties and better quality

Favorite Features

The seat comfort has been our favourite feature. We also enjoy the on-board computer telling us of our MPG, miles to our destination and where we are on a map are also features we enjoy and have come to expect on our next vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

The biggest suggestion we have is for Nissan to improve their quality, standing behind the product when there are chronic problems/weaknesses and keeping up with other manufacturers with features offered and MPG.

Drive train failures. CVT and Xfer case issues. Don't buy Nissan! No Manufacturer Support!
By weightclub

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

It's too bad Nissan won't stand behind THIER product. They did replace the CVT (now that they extended the factory warranty to 10yr/120K) but our transfer case was leaking too (as so many of them have) and we were told it couldn't be rebuilt since it was one that had been made with a bad part! What floored me was we got NO help from Nissan at all with the cost of the replacement part. I even contacted the executive offices in TN. $3K later, I still have a metallic rattle when the CVT is trying to kick out of the first "gear" and after reading about how many others had the same issue, I am VERY worried I will have to replace both drive train components again if we hang on to the car.

Favorite Features

I love the look of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan needs to back their product. Many BBB complaints and NHTSA complaints too about the drive train failures. Nissan told me they didn't have a "campaign" out about the leaky xfer cases since the NHTSA hadn't required them to. (Although many of the people who have had to get CVT replacements also have "un-related" transfer case leaks/failures) So, at least no one has died, but until they do, Nissan doesn't care about the quality of the vehicles or the consumers that buy them. A 2009 with under 100K and 2/3 of the drive train fails, ridiculous! The tech stated it was due to a run of bad xfer cases on some VIN's, but Nissan still won't acknowledge the problem and sticks us with the bill!