Used 2009 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Great Improvement
By Dan

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I owned a 2005 Murano, which unfortunately was totaled after 38K miles. Looked at the Highlander, Pilot, Venza, and Infiniti FX. Ended up purchasing the 09 Murano LE and have no regrets. Best of all worlds: Power, comfort, tons of gadgets. Feels like a completely different vehicle than the 05 model...across the board a great improvement.

Nav system, rear camera, Bluetooth, dual moonroof, Bose sound system.

Better rear visibility, improved gas mileage.

A bit bouncy
By Dave

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After months of careful research and test driving other vehicles, I finally decided on the Murano. While the vehicle has so many great qualities, including a fantastic interior, comfortable seats, and great ergonomics, I wish I had taken a bit more of an extensive test drive in the vehicle I took home. While the vehicle isolates road "bumps" my particular example has this sort of undulating bouncy character to it which is especially noticeable on surface streets. It is smoothed out somewhat at speed on the freeway but is still noticeable. Anyway, it is a bit annoying to say the least and definitely is detracting from the excitement that should come with a new care. Take a long test drive!

Back up camera, heated seats, roomy second row, Bose sound system. I likely wouldn't buy again given the bouncy ride quality that was painfully obvious from the first ride home. If AWD needed, I would look more closely at the new Forester, or the EX35 AWD.

The ability to open the hatch from the inside should be standard without having to spring for the Technology package. My 1993 Saturn has this "Technology" in the form of a trunk release. Anyway, it makes it so there is at least one more step when getting out and unloading things from the rear.

my sofa on wheels!
By clare simpson

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned my Murano LE since early January and I absolutely love it. I have previously driven a Ford Explorer and a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Nothing compares to the smooth, quiet and luxurious ride of the Murano. The dashboard is arranged perfectly and the console has two cup holders plus a very useful oblong holder that is perfect to hold the cell phone open while using the Bluetooth, or any other item that you might need in a hurry. This car has it all- easy to pull down rear seats, lots of room in the back,auto lift gate is wonderful, the 6 cyl. engine has incredible power on the highway,especially for merging, and definitely is more powerful than my Jeep V-8 ever was! Awesome car!

Dashboard design,exterior design-best looking SUV on the road, smooth quiet ride, seats are so easy to raise and lower, love the dual sunroof, the seats are incredibly comfortable but supportive. Love the keyless entry feature-it has saved me hours in searching for my keys at the bottom of my purse!

Absolutely nothing! It is a near-perfect car.

great car so far
By Greg

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Fun car to drive.. Gas mileage has been as advertised. Only 2 minor complaints.. Rubbing noise coming from trim around drivers door.. Shade from sunroof doesn't close all the way about 1/2 the time

Nav..Backup camera

Need a place to put change

I've had 2 Muranos
By Robert Gibeley

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2nd Murano in November of '08. Traded my '03 Muranowith 95,000 miles. I am not disappointed with new vehicle. Many improvements over previous model. Navagation system awesome, radio great with recording feature. Ride very good but noisy with moon roof open. I miss the memory seat that Nissan decided to remove from the "09--had it in the '03. Don't understand that decision? Overall, very satisfied, would highly recommend. I can fit 4 sets of golf clubs across the back of trunk. Try that in any other SUV out there, including Lexus RX, Lincoln MKX, Ford Edge--no way! I tried it already. Doesn't sound like a deal breaker, unless you are a golfer!

Music Box, Navigation System, XM radio, looks,comfort,CVT,reliability, zero financing, overall value.

Improved gas mileage--only getting 20 mpg. Bring back memory seats, improve wind noise from open moon roof, I-Pod connection standard. Introduce partial wooden steering wheel.