Used 2009 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews - 206 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

My thoughts on the 2009 Murano SL
By Z-Man

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

No problems in the first year/15,000 miles of ownership. Just returned from a 2610 mile road trip up the coast of California to Oregon and back home to San Diego with a 2 day stop in Yosemite. We traveled twisting mountain back roads, country 2 lane roads to freeways and have to say this is the best touring vehicle we have ever owned.

Bluetooth to eliminate the pain of California's hands free cell phone law. Superior handling and comfort. Keyless entry and one touch push button starting.

MPG could be better. Even 5 mpg would be nice. The rear storage area cover is a big pain! Go back to the 2005 door pockets. Get the outside temp reading back on the main info display like it was in 2005. Ditch the CVT for a smooth 6 speed automatic. The deep glove compartment is a nightmare to use!

Quietest Ride for under $50,000
By Dave In Portland

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Leased RX 330 + RX 350 for the last six years. Spent last two months testing all brands to try and find something better for less $$. Low road noise important - I have hearing damage. Tried everything to $50,000,and the Murano and the TIGUAN were the two most quiet cars using decibel meter on common stretch of highway at 60 MPH measured at drivers left ear and middle of car interior. Mercedes and BMW were both louder by 2-3 db and worse gas mileage. Murano quiet as the Lexus identical db stats even with LE 20 inch wheels. Rented SL for 2 weeks louder than LE by 1 db! MPG 1 less than Lexus. Venza 4 db louder! 2010 RX530 NOT quieter than previous year. Murano lease 2/3 $ Lexus - loaded to max!

Quiet Quiet Quiet seats very comfortable iPhone cable and the Bluetooth is BETTER than Lexus - no strange buzzing in Murano bluetooth phone connection. Can turn off the computer controlled wheel stuff in snow for better traction. If it holds up over 3 year lease then FANTASTIC car - we'll see!

I'd trade all the gizmos and widgets for a quiet car that gets great gas mileage. Oh well. Rear visibility poor but not a deal breaker as my payment on 20,000 mile lease is $300 less than RX350! Moonroof makes headroom slightly questionable for 6 footer but not a deal breaker.

Great car, but only the LE
By Suraj D

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I am about to buy the LE model. I read other reviews about the slight bouncy quality on the Murano while driving city streets and am happy to say I experienced this myself when driving the SL but not the LE. This is due to the 20inch tires on the LE I believe. The ride on the LE is posh, luxurious and the car handles and drives very nicely and smoothly. I am excited to pick up the car tomorrow. I compared this to the Acura RDX and MDX, the Audi Q5 and the Volkswagen TIguan and Touareg, but found the Murano to the best in terms of ride comfort and lowest road/wind noise. Very happy buyer. I came from a Mercedes ML 350, so its not as luxurious as the ML, but best offers value for money!

dual panel moonroof, hard drive disk.

Luxurious!
By Christi

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My husband and I looked for a new vehicle for two years. We test drove almost every brand out there and many, many models. When the 2009 Murano made it's debut, I was instantly mesmerized and I knew I needed to test drive this crossover. Our first test drive was unbelievable - I really couldn't believe how comfortable, stylish, and sporty. I knew as soon as my hubby test drove, he was sold. The Murano is exceptional in every single way. I think other brands need to open their eyes (including Acura, which was on the top of my list BEFORE I found the Murano). If you want a top of the line car that is sporty and drips luxury, this is it - you've arrived.

Overall style & design - clean and modern FAST, FAST, FAST Extremely Comfortable ride Touch-screen Navigation Dual panel moonroof Heated seats (ahhhhhhhh)

none. LOVE IT!

Wasn't looking to buy a Murano...
By Andrew

2009 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

On my way to sign the paperwork on another SUV, I decided to stop in and checkout the Rogue, - too small - salesman suggested the Murano and I test drove it - just because. I never made it to the other dealership and bought it right then. I have always driven Toyota and Honda but the Murano was much nicer and had many standard options. I have had the Murano for a month and I look for reasons to drive. Comfort, handling and the interior will keep me in this SUV for a while. The other SUV's I was considering, Toyota Highlander (wife has one), Subaru Tribeca, and the Hyundai Santa Fe. For better gas mileage use premium fuel and switch to full synthetic oil (Mobile 1).

Most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned....and I have back problems. Power is very good (with premium gas). Good value - Standard options make my White Toyota Camry look like a block of tofu. Gas mileage same as my wife's 4 cyl 2007 Highlander - so far.

Better cup holders for the front, I miss my temp gauge and directional in the rearview. Cargo area just a wee bit small. Popout storage in the front door panels would have been worth the design effort.