2009 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Overjoyed with the car
By HappyOwner on 04/28/08 17:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Was looking for a 7-pass vehicle but was so impressed I had to get the Murano. Test drove the Tribecka and Veracruz and chose the Murano for its roominess. Gave up 4 MPG but even at $4 a gallon I'm in awe. Have all options except Nav and love it. Comfortable leather seats. Great Bose stereo. Hands-free is exceptional. Display is easy to read. Almost too many choices.

Keeps getting better
By kmanwest on 04/26/08 08:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my third Murano. The 2009 is the best yet. Much better on all levels of quality and the ride and transmission finally match the price tag. The only downside is the mileage in the city. Very quiet ride, great stereo, seats are very comfortable.

Great Vehicle
By 60Chevy on 04/25/08 11:25 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I was looking for a new car since November 2007. I looked at the Lincoln MKX, Ford Edge and the Lexus RX350, which I came very close to purchasing. Then I saw the new 2009 Murano. Having never owned a Nissan before, only Toyotas, I was a bit concerned but this vehicle is great. It is much more technology advanced than the Lexus. I find the Murano's seats are great. Not hard whatsoever. The fuel economy is great. Getting 20 mpg city and 28 mpg highway.

Luxury SUV at non-luxury price
By Nikki on 04/21/08 11:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I made a great choice by purchasing this car at a great price. Handling is so smooth. The seats are absolutely comfortable. Beautiful interior! I chose this car over the Acura RDX and Lexus RX300.

Sporty and Pretty Too
By DinkyDoo on 04/21/08 00:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Drove several crossover/SUVs, including the RAV 4, Ford Edge, Mazda CX7 and CX9. The Murano was the quietest, most smooth riding and best equipped of the bunch. The auto climate control is better than in any of the luxury cars I have owned. I like the spaciousness of the interior. The smoothness and power of the acceleration is really nice. My major complaint is the front seat. It is extremely hard and the front seat cushion does not adjust independently from the seat back. The seat cushion has a very angled upward tilt, to the point of cutting off leg circulation. (I am 5'4" and this may be the reason) I am hoping with time the seat may soften up a bit. Good price for so many features.

Great crossover
By driver on 04/20/08 10:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this to replace an unreliable minivan. Knew this was the one for me at first drive (drove highlander, RAV4, enclave, pilot). Great interior, unbelievably comfortable leather seats and driving position, great a/c, roomy interior, and nice Bose sound system. The ride is smooth, quiet, firm and responsive. There is mild body lean on turns.The power lift gate is on the slow side.Some blind spots, but fine. My kids love it because they don't get car sick in it! I only have 400 miles on it running about 20 mpg. The vehicle recommends premium fuel (the manual says 87 octane min) which can be costly with today's gas prices. The fuel tank is large though, maybe longer time between fill-ups.

Tried them all, Murano won.
By Scott on 04/19/08 16:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I recently bought the '09 Murano after religiously researching all the vehicles in the category. I found the Murano to stand out from the rest in many ways. At first glance the vehicle just does not look like its competition. (Many of them all look alike.) The inside is very nice. The leather seats are incredibly comfortable. Controls are all easy to reach, instrument cluster is nicely arranged. The engine performance is great. Rides very quiet and very responsive. Power life gate is great, very handy. Back up camera is great, much more useful than I thought it would be. Aimable headlights are very bright. The orange light over head creates a soft glow at night. Awesome car!

2009 Nissan Murano
By Tranpq on 04/17/08 08:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Only one month ago, my wife and I just bought the 2009 Murano with full loaded options. We are so impressed with this vehicle. The interior looks no less then any other crossover luxury AWD like Lexus or Infiniti, the exterior looks so rock and handsome, its performances are superior with a smooth traction control. My wife and I, we both are Infiniti lovers, but this time we would rather choose this Murano instead of the Infiniti FX or the new EX just came out this year.

You Will Love This Vehicle
By SueinCO on 04/14/08 19:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We tested the 2008 Toyota Highlander, Mazda CX-9, Hyundai Veracruz and others and this one was the best. Feel really good about our decision. Rides like a dream. Very quiet and unbelievable comfort. Power is great with the CVT. We got the top of the line with everything except the DVD player for the back, and are glad we did. The interior is great and feels very luxurious. Still learning all the features,but so far they are fairly easy to get familiar with and we love them all. I really like the heated front and rear seats in the LE.

New 09 Traded 05 Caddy SRX
By TJW on 04/10/08 13:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just purchased the LE and am very happy. Interior space is great and love the exterior appearance. Traded my SRX after too many problems with engine, oversized moonroof, etc. Too early to tell on gas mileage but after looking all the domestic and import SUVs, this one won hands down. The only nit and it is barely that, is that it leans a bit in corners.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Murano in VA is:

$120 per month*