Used 2009 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Great car, but only the LE
By Suraj D

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I am about to buy the LE model. I read other reviews about the slight bouncy quality on the Murano while driving city streets and am happy to say I experienced this myself when driving the SL but not the LE. This is due to the 20inch tires on the LE I believe. The ride on the LE is posh, luxurious and the car handles and drives very nicely and smoothly. I am excited to pick up the car tomorrow. I compared this to the Acura RDX and MDX, the Audi Q5 and the Volkswagen TIguan and Touareg, but found the Murano to the best in terms of ride comfort and lowest road/wind noise. Very happy buyer. I came from a Mercedes ML 350, so its not as luxurious as the ML, but best offers value for money!

Favorite Features

dual panel moonroof, hard drive disk.

Luxurious!
By Christi

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My husband and I looked for a new vehicle for two years. We test drove almost every brand out there and many, many models. When the 2009 Murano made it's debut, I was instantly mesmerized and I knew I needed to test drive this crossover. Our first test drive was unbelievable - I really couldn't believe how comfortable, stylish, and sporty. I knew as soon as my hubby test drove, he was sold. The Murano is exceptional in every single way. I think other brands need to open their eyes (including Acura, which was on the top of my list BEFORE I found the Murano). If you want a top of the line car that is sporty and drips luxury, this is it - you've arrived.

Favorite Features

Overall style & design - clean and modern FAST, FAST, FAST Extremely Comfortable ride Touch-screen Navigation Dual panel moonroof Heated seats (ahhhhhhhh)

Suggested Improvements

none. LOVE IT!

Wasn't looking to buy a Murano...
By Andrew

2009 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

On my way to sign the paperwork on another SUV, I decided to stop in and checkout the Rogue, - too small - salesman suggested the Murano and I test drove it - just because. I never made it to the other dealership and bought it right then. I have always driven Toyota and Honda but the Murano was much nicer and had many standard options. I have had the Murano for a month and I look for reasons to drive. Comfort, handling and the interior will keep me in this SUV for a while. The other SUV's I was considering, Toyota Highlander (wife has one), Subaru Tribeca, and the Hyundai Santa Fe. For better gas mileage use premium fuel and switch to full synthetic oil (Mobile 1).

Favorite Features

Most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned....and I have back problems. Power is very good (with premium gas). Good value - Standard options make my White Toyota Camry look like a block of tofu. Gas mileage same as my wife's 4 cyl 2007 Highlander - so far.

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holders for the front, I miss my temp gauge and directional in the rearview. Cargo area just a wee bit small. Popout storage in the front door panels would have been worth the design effort.

Worth waiting for...
By FFunque

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My wife and I researched for several months on our next new car looking at the Toyota Highlander, the Mazda CX-7, Ford Edge, Honda Pilot, the list goes on... Each of the the aforementioned models has options and accessories we liked but none had everything in one vehicle - not until we came across the 2009 Murano. The comfort, quality, fit & finish, ride, accessories and options combined to make this car standout from the rest. We are extremely happy with our purchase and thoroughly enjoy driving this car. We know that this may not be the car for everyone, we're just thankful that we waited for this and we couldn't be happier. 2009 Murano, Silver, LE AWD, Nav, Leather, Dual Moonroof, et

Favorite Features

Interior layout, comfortable heated seats, dual moonroof, navigation system, Bluetooth, moodlighting, sound system,

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy could stand a bit of improvement.

Great Improvement
By Dan

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I owned a 2005 Murano, which unfortunately was totaled after 38K miles. Looked at the Highlander, Pilot, Venza, and Infiniti FX. Ended up purchasing the 09 Murano LE and have no regrets. Best of all worlds: Power, comfort, tons of gadgets. Feels like a completely different vehicle than the 05 model...across the board a great improvement.

Favorite Features

Nav system, rear camera, Bluetooth, dual moonroof, Bose sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Better rear visibility, improved gas mileage.