Used 2009 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Murano SUV

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Love At First Sight!
By deltagirl

2009 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My parent's car recently died, so I gave them my 2008 RX350. The Murano was aesthetically pleasing externally (a head turner) and with the 2009 internal upgrades it was hard to find any disqualifying features (save the orange display). Check it out yourself!

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, iPod integration, Voice activation, dual moon roof, pop-up cargo tray. I prefer comfort/luxury and QUIET rides rather than a total sport experience-the Murano delivers a quiet, smooth ride with enough "kick" to satisfy the need to "zoom" when needed. Easy to use Nav! Lots of tech!

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, auto-dimming side mirrors, longer standard warranty, more interior colors, bring back the vertical tail lights :-) Also a bit disappointed that after 3 weeks of searching (with prof help) I couldn't snag a Tinted Bronze or Merlot w/Beige Int; settled for Black/Beige--looks good!

Great Vehicle! Read my review!
By WAZ

2009 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Waited awhile to write in review but first to clarify a couple things from others reviews... memory seats are available(LE model) & you don't have to use premium gas. I definitely agree with the folks that say this is a poor mans Lexus RX! What sold me: It is super quiet inside, very comfortable (I'm 6'2"), roomy front & back, all the goodies like intelligent key, backup camera, etc. I actually did little research on this vehicle before testing it out but once I drove it, it had my attention. I bought SL and added Leather, Tech, Performance Pkgs (& moonroof)... it saved me $3-$4k from buying LE and only diff is nav system, memory seats, rear-heated seats, ipod hookup... not worth 3k to me!

Favorite Features

Luxurious feel & features at lower price than higher-end models like Lexus, Acura. Super quiet cabin, intelligent key, heated seats, bluetooth, backup camera, CVT smooth shifting, strong engine, overall strong feel.

Suggested Improvements

Like everyone, I'd love if this vehicle got 30mpg! I've got 12000 miles on it and I'm getting about 22- 23 regularly. On a full tank all hwy miles I got 25-26. I use gas from a reputable station (Mobil). I've tried premium & there is slightly better mileage but not much. (Hope this review helped you)

LOVE my new Murano!
By Jen

2009 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I drove the Maxda CX-7 and even though it has the 4 cylinder turbo, I think the Murano has just as much "pick up" without the turbo. Mine has heated leather seats which I highly recommend. I love the stability control and the all wheel drive. I live where it gets about 600 inches of snow in the winter and the snow doesn't even phase it! It's quieter than the Mazda and the ride is more cushie with the Murano. I did A TON of research and gave many other makes a chance, but I am SO glad that I got the Murano. I love it!The LE has all the bells&whistles but if you can't afford that, the S is still a great car! Cheers!

Favorite Features

All wheel drive, stability control, less fabric on the door panels=less dirt, stains and easy clean up, especially if you have kids

Suggested Improvements

more room on the middle console for my stuff

My thoughts on the 2009 Murano SL
By Z-Man

2009 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

No problems in the first year/15,000 miles of ownership. Just returned from a 2610 mile road trip up the coast of California to Oregon and back home to San Diego with a 2 day stop in Yosemite. We traveled twisting mountain back roads, country 2 lane roads to freeways and have to say this is the best touring vehicle we have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth to eliminate the pain of California's hands free cell phone law. Superior handling and comfort. Keyless entry and one touch push button starting.

Suggested Improvements

MPG could be better. Even 5 mpg would be nice. The rear storage area cover is a big pain! Go back to the 2005 door pockets. Get the outside temp reading back on the main info display like it was in 2005. Ditch the CVT for a smooth 6 speed automatic. The deep glove compartment is a nightmare to use!

Quietest Ride for under $50,000
By Dave In Portland

2009 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Leased RX 330 + RX 350 for the last six years. Spent last two months testing all brands to try and find something better for less $$. Low road noise important - I have hearing damage. Tried everything to $50,000,and the Murano and the TIGUAN were the two most quiet cars using decibel meter on common stretch of highway at 60 MPH measured at drivers left ear and middle of car interior. Mercedes and BMW were both louder by 2-3 db and worse gas mileage. Murano quiet as the Lexus identical db stats even with LE 20 inch wheels. Rented SL for 2 weeks louder than LE by 1 db! MPG 1 less than Lexus. Venza 4 db louder! 2010 RX530 NOT quieter than previous year. Murano lease 2/3 $ Lexus - loaded to max!

Favorite Features

Quiet Quiet Quiet seats very comfortable iPhone cable and the Bluetooth is BETTER than Lexus - no strange buzzing in Murano bluetooth phone connection. Can turn off the computer controlled wheel stuff in snow for better traction. If it holds up over 3 year lease then FANTASTIC car - we'll see!

Suggested Improvements

I'd trade all the gizmos and widgets for a quiet car that gets great gas mileage. Oh well. Rear visibility poor but not a deal breaker as my payment on 20,000 mile lease is $300 less than RX350! Moonroof makes headroom slightly questionable for 6 footer but not a deal breaker.