2009 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Impressed
By Peter on 05/17/08 18:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased the new Murano the first of May. We traded in an 06 3 series BMW. We test drove several vehicles that we were considering, Lexus RX330 and BMW X3. After many weeks of reading reviews and test driving all the cars we decided on the 09 Murano. We purchased an SL with premium pkg. and leather. The wife loves it, her decision to go with this vehicle. We got Black on black, highly recommend this cross over suv.

So far so good
By redelmo on 05/16/08 08:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased 3 wks ago. No problems at all. None of the transmission or vibration issues others have complained about. Very smooth acceleration. Excellent fit and finish. Had leather installed, due to excessive price for useless featurs. Visibility not the best. Wish it had bluetooth with basic model. Hope to have this vehicle for a long time.

Another winner
By NewCarGuy on 05/14/08 17:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

When my lease on my '04 Murano expired I went to lease a new '09, but was surprised with the significantly higher lease payment. After driving many competitors (MDX, RDX, RX350, Edge, RAV4, Pilot, FX) I still came back to the Murano. Compared to the previous model the '09 offers a more comfortable seat along with a smoother ride. There seems to be plenty of power, but I notice a slight lag off the line compared to my older Murano (it may just be something I have to get used to). Nissan has another winner on its hands!

Wife loves it
By kilnmaint on 05/12/08 10:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Pros: looks good, drives good, nice interior. Mileage OK. Cons: trip odometer stopped working, wipers cycle sometimes when the car is cranked, the gas mileage is show 5 or 6 different places and is more than I calculate.

2009 Murano LE AWD with Nav/Tech Pkg
By DavidV on 05/11/08 17:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

All the luxury items make this a great crossover. Ride is very smooth as you'd expect from a luxury sedan, and steering is soft - no feel of the road while you float along. Plenty of power at your disposal when you need it. However, when you are going slow (under 30) with minimum gas pedal pressure, you can feel the CVT seeking the best gear ratio. Car is very roomy front and back for when you have 5 adults to carry.

two tons of fun
By terry on 05/08/08 09:19 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I test drove infiniti, Lexus, Toyota. I kept looking at murano and for some reason moved on. But after going thru all the rest I came back. The exterior styling had been my initial attraction but the cft transmission had been the putoff. Boy was I wrong. This murano drives like an infiniti/Lexus. Soft ride with lots of pep and no hesitation. Flying on the interstate it glided effortlessly thru rush hour, dead quiet to wind & traffic noise. I hated to park it it was such fun.

Wise Choice!
By ictgee on 05/07/08 18:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After much research and test drives of the vehicles in this class, my wife and I decided on the new 2009 Nissan Murano. We traded in a 2006 Pontiac Torrent and this was a definite upgrade. We are both impressed with the quality of the Murano inside and out. The interior is very luxurious and well thought out. The seats are very comfortable, and every driver should be able to find a good driving position. We traveled 200 miles to a business meeting and did not want to get out of the car. We purchased the SL model FWD with everything but the navigation package. Driving in town or at highway speed, the car is extremely quiet and comfortable. We feel we made a wise choice.

Impressed
By Impressed on 05/04/08 14:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love this vehicle. This is my third Nissan; however, my previous car was a Volkswagen and I didn't realize how much I missed Nissan until I drove the Murano. The '09 interior is a vast upgrade over previous models. So long as you don't mind the lack of a third row seat (which I don't) then this is quite possibly the best "CUV"/SUV on the market for the price. It is a perfect blend of power, comfort and style. The front-end styling is much more appealing than in previous versions.

My first Nissan
By twduke on 05/02/08 21:40 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Previously had BMW's. Still have one. Needed more cargo space but full size SUVs just too large for me so crossovers got my attention. I researched & drove the Lexus, BMW, Acura, Infiniti crossovers then just stumbled across the Murano on the web, read up on them & had 2 test drives. Decided not to throw money away on other vehicles that were not as good as the Murano when it came to features, power, driving pleasure, and comfort. Got the tech, premium, leather, & dual moonroof options. Already had a portable nav system so passed on theirs. After 1,500 miles I am very happy with the car. Makes for a relaxing commute. Getting 20-21 mpg in rush hour/city driving. Nissan got this one right!

Murano
By AJ on 04/29/08 17:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Me and my wife just love this suv. We test drove so many other suvs but this one was our favorite one. Our kids just love the dvd player.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Murano in VA is:

$120 per month*