2009 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Not Reliable!
By achilles5433 on 09/11/12 05:36 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2009 Murano new and within the first year my battery died listening to music in my car for 10 mins. I had battery checked and they said its fine. After that I made sure no interior lights or seat warmers were left on and still got stuck 4 more times!! Can't get rid of this car fast enough. Reliability is everything!! Even though its awd, it's not that good in snow compared to my other vehicles. I replaced tires to snow tires and helped a little. But after they changed tires, the tire maintance light went on and won't go off. Hate the start button feature. Both my key batteries are low already. Have to go to dealership to replace. Also costs over $200 to replace if lost.

My disappointments
By oldmrt on 04/13/12 09:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Problems with leaking head gaskets, leaking transfer case (twice repaired), defective engine mounts and seat positioning number setting that never holds seem to be common with Murano 2009 owners and we are no exception. At 70,000 miles the car is showing all the signs of a Lemon. Up until now we were strong supporters of the Nissan line, but when the manufacturer does not stand behind a chronic problem I think it's time to look at other manufacturers for better warranties and better quality

Excellent SUV
By Ken on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This Murano is quite possibly the best overall vehicle I've ever had. The back-up camera is phenomenal; the keyless starter is really nice - I don't carry keys anymore. I can't believe the gas mileage - typically always around 22-23 MPG whether I use regular or premium gas. The ride is comfortable but sporty. The leather seats are firm and very comfortable. Additions like the electronic telescopic wheel just add to the overall enjoyment. You must try this one out.

It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This!
By Debbie on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Looked at the Muranos prior to 2008, about the time I decided to buy one, they stopped production (none in 2008). When production resumed in 2009 (for 2010 models) I hit the dealership. Found the one I wanted - exactly - and bought it. OMG! Fell in love that day and still in the honeymoon phase with this Murano.

Overall good, but...
By Dennis Texas on 06/08/10 12:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great overall vehicle. The interior styling and comfort are excellent. The stylish exterior is very nice. Sound system and controls are top of the line (except the driver will never hear the 2 subwoofers in the rear). I love the auto headlights and wipers! The 160 MPH speedometer is counter productive - the distance from 50 to 60 mph is like a centimeter, making it hard to pin point 55 mph. The low end acceleration is WEAK. Like many car magazine tests, 0-60 cannot be reached in 8 seconds (more like 9.5 to 10). Mileage is 16 MPG for me driving mostly city. Great vehicle if you can accept the poor acceleration and mileage.

Disappointment for a High Dollar Vehicle
By AJS on 02/11/10 08:05 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've owned the Murano LE for approximately 26 months and have not had any major problems with it except maintenance. Replacement of the air filter was $75.00 and I could not believe this cost. Tires only lasted 14,500 miles and I could not find replacement 20 inch tires for it. Dealer price for these tires was $350.00 each. Lots of intermittent electrical problems with the tail gate being found open in the morning when I came out of the house, my radio and almost all of my other electronic devices would die on occasion and then come back. Dealer could not find anything. Goes fine in up to 4 inches of snow but after that nothing. Being traded in shortly on an american vehicle.

Solid Car all phases
By Zeike on 02/02/10 10:59 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had my Murano for nearly 3 months now and so far, so good. The ride is smooth bordering on luxurious. The gadgets and accommodations are enjoyable (iPod interface, panoramic roof, xenons, sensing wipers, memory seats, trunk dividers/shade). Coming from an Audi this car is not as fun to drive but it is certainly responsive and well built. Looked at the Venza and Santa Fe and the Murano is a much nicer ride than the Hyundai and offers more features than the Venza, with better pricing. Only minor complaints are the gas mileage has been right at 20 mpgs while I was hoping for closer to the 23 number and the in dash cd is just a single. Overall, very pleased but need to practice parking.

Very surprised
By Happy on 12/27/09 11:41 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have driven many high end SUV's, from Porsche to Land rover's and this SUV is right up there with them. Sure the Murano may not be as fast or handle as well, but it is not slacking either. It drives like a car! Very comfortable! The Tech is very intuitive, much better than what the germans have to offer. The Ipod integration is simple, and the Bose sound system is amazing! This has true "keyless entry," never have to remove it from my pocket! Bottom line is the price, you get so much for so little, good job, very satisfied!

Disappointed with my 2009
By Oskertwo on 09/30/09 17:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had a 2005 Murano and loved it. After test driving the 2009, I decided to trade the old one. The 2009 is definitely more refined than my 2005. However, the 2009 has been riddled with squeaks, creaks and rattles since delivery. It has been off the road for almost a month in total as the dealer has tried to repair it. After replacing almost all plastic pieces in the interior of the vehicle, there is now an issue with how the body panels were assembled at the factory. Nissan is not clear yet how to fix this issue. It likely will involve body work, re- welding the panels and inserting some type of insulation to prevent rubbing during body flex. Stay tuned. Check other blogs for similar posts

Our Lexus Replacement
By George on 07/29/09 15:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We have been toyota/Lexus people for going on 30 years now, and have had excellent luck with all the differing vehicles. When it came time to trade in our RX330, we did a lot of research, driving and evaluating of the Crossover offerings. The new RX left us cold, Lexus just wasn't daring enough, and it's rather bland. We tried the Venza, the Q5, and the Mazda's, all of which left us unimpressed. A friend suggested we try the new Murano - easily competitive with the RX, has an unforgettable exterior, and the interior is superbly screwed together. The Murano certainly rivels the Lexus RX for quite and luxury. So far, we are very impressed with the ride and handling.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Murano Suv in VA is:

$123 per month*