2009 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Great new, but not wearing well
By cheddar_brett on 04/16/12 08:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought this car new in Fall '08. I was a fan of the Nissan line, and this car seemed a good value. Yet, fit and finish and wear has been a source of pain and expense. I would not recommend, wished I'd bought something different (and paid more), and won't be buying any more Nissans in the future.

Effortless Operation
By Daddy on 08/01/09 20:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased the car one month ago as a lease. Coming from a 2006 VW Passat. The Nissan does everything effortlessly. It accelerates like smooth butter. It has plenty of power and is as smooth as a Cadillac DTS, but has more of a sport feel when you need it to. It is not a huge vehicle but your seating position is nice and high and you have a commanding view of the road. The VW Passat is a great car and is underated when it comes to value and performance. That being said I feel the same about the Nissan. Great car, good price. The only thing I can find to complain about is the leather on the door feels cheap and scratches easily and the storage is somewhat small. Buy it you will like it!

Even with Standard, it's GREAT!!
By Josh on 07/15/09 17:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I got nissan murano when I test drove one... It didn't take long decide to get this car... I was just looking for plain standard car but with many good features... and found Murano... one of the great cars I've got... If I ever get a new car, I'd get nissan murano again!!!

totally happy
By romband on 06/19/09 10:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

well first of all im glad i got the murano 2009...my wife and i was planning to buy a hilander but we went to nissan first and that was it baby, never get the chance to test drive the toyota highlander..im very happy with this car.when im at work i cant wait to go home and drive...it drive so smothhhhhhhhhhhh interior is beauty i fell like im inside the airplane....

Out with the old in with new
By bo on 06/15/09 07:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Recently turned in our 2005 Murano. My wife actually cried in the salesman's room when we turned in her 2005 leased murano. That car was the best ever. Never a bad moment with the exception for a coil going bad, and the dealership kept for 5 weeks trying to find the culprit. They gave us a loaner which says loads for them. Purchased a new Murano S series and am impressed to the utmost. Had leather seats installed and it looks and rides fantastic. Great acceleration and ride. Not many of the bells and whistles on this one but still a fantastic vehicle. Anyone who is considering one should look at the Murano. Compared it to the others and still came back to the best.

Rating of Murano
By love the Murano on 06/06/09 07:59 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. I previously drove a Nissan Altima so when in the market for a new vehicle, Nissan was the clear choice. I test drove many others but this one was the smoothest ride and definitely the best looker. It still turns my head!

09 Murano SL
By Mac on 02/18/09 11:11 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We traded in a Lexus RX a year ago for a Honda CRV, and have missed the comfort. Went shopping and found the SL more comfortable and quiet than the new RX for $10K less. Looked at the Edge as well but it just wasn't refined enough - the power lift gate support looked like it was just added - oh wait, it was, whereas the Murano had the lift designed into the upper support - nice touch. MPG could/should be better, only getting around 19-20 combined. Only have 2k miles so can't attest to reliability. My last Frontier was excellent. Love the dual panel moonroof but it is a little noisier than expected

Best car for the money
By The G Family on 12/29/08 10:48 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great car. Handles very well on the road. Drives and feels very stable, just like the Altima and Maxima. The car is actually fairly wide, and that makes it feel even more stable. Takes a bit of time getting used to it, but it is not a disadvantage. Driver has a lot more visibility on the road thanks to the high seating position inside the car. The engine is very responsive in all situations. Breaks are also responsive without being too touchy. There is plenty of space for a family of 5 inside this vehicle. This model comes well equipped and avoids including many of the useless bells and whistles other SUVs have. The standard options are just what is needed without being pretentious.

Miss my truck but LOVE my Murano
By TruckGirl on 05/24/08 05:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Leaving my 2005 Pathfinder for the 2009 Murano was tough for me - still is. In an effort to reduce my "carbon footprint" and experience a much smoother, luxury-like ride, I just leased a new Murano S AWD. Nissan did a phenomenal job upgrading from the 2007 model. The CVT is a dream to drive with and the handling is something I never thought I'd experience in an SUV. The only downsides for me: recommended use of premium gas and the sub-par stereo system offered in the S model. For those of us who can't afford the SL or LE, it'd be nice to have the choice in the S model of upgrading to the Bose stereo system. All in all, an amazing vehicle-just need more time to get used to the size downgrade.

New to SUVs
By redelmo on 05/22/08 21:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Have always had full size pick ups. Traded in my 07 Tundra for the Murano. Love the comfort, power and handling. Gas mileage a little disappointing so far (only about 18mph). Poor visibility. Very smooth accelaration. Was unwilling to pay for unwanted features just to get leather so had put in after (better quality then factory anyway). Very happy so far.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan Murano Suv in VA is:

$120 per month*