Used 2009 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews - 205 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Awesome Vehicle
By Henry

2009 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Exct vehicle, 150k no probs, idiots cant drive
By Ben

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought the 09 LE in late 2008. Had concerns about the CVT since relatively new and unproven. Only maintenance has been routine oil changes and a recall sensor replacement. No issues have arose as of yet which is comparatively amazing next to the 2 dozen other vehicles I have owned. [non-permissible content removed] The technology that Nissan loads in these vehicles easily rivals the $100K German Sedans and in case you've never owned one, you could put 5 transmissions in a Murano for the maintenance costs in the first 150k. And if you are complaining about the audio system, you should see about a hearing aid. Bose makes the best car audio systems available, from the factory or in the aftermarket. You could spend 5 grand on speakers and amps and not come close to the R&D Bose did on the system they through out. Its not the fastest sports car, its not going to win at BAHA nor will it survive an attempt to triple that group of rail road tracks on the other side of town, [non-permissible content removed], it is an excellent car for a small family or even a mature 19 year old. It is easy to drive and can be equipped nearly as well as a BMW or Mercedes, with more room than a sedan and better fuel economy than a Tahoe. It has just about as much power as can be directed through a transmission with no finite gear ratios in what is primarily a front wheel drive vehicle, and that is plenty for anyone that might find themselves transporting anything that might be difficult to replace. I was just trying to see how much more life my Murano has at 150k only to find out most of them explode at less than half that.

Tough damn looking car!
By Frank

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 09 LE used with 82,000 miles and unfortunately had to replace the Catalytic Converter right off. Since then it has been a pleasure and I have full confidence in it. The body styling fits right in despite being a 2009 and is still a very attractive vehicle to look at. The front seats are most comfortable. I only wish they had the ventilation for the three warm months of summer here in Maine. I love the power folding rear seats. Many SUV's in this class do not have that feature. One complaint with this car is the CVT transmission. It is loud and bothersome. I prefer an automatic shifting engine that you forget is even under the hood. A second complaint is with the A-Pillars that seem to obstruct my front view especially if I am pulling out in to traffic to see if I can continue to go. The front windshield has a long graduated slope to it which creates this issue. My last complaint is that the ride could be smoother. I have the 20 inch tires which I understand create a less smooth feel to the road. I can survive that however as I feel very sure footed when driving. Those three issues are the only complaints I have. I think this is a car worth considering if looking for a very nice and comfortable used SUV that in many ways is better looking than the same year of the Lexus RX 350.

Great SUV
By F DC

2009 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Love my Murano
By Lore

2009 Nissan Murano LE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2009 Murano new. I have been extremely pleased with the vehicle. I drive low miles of about 7k a year, which may account for some of my experience. From reliability to ride, I've loved it.My only complaints are the tire size is rare and you can't update the navigation yourself. Otherwise, it has been one of best vehicles I've owned. I'm only giving it up now because my kids are out of the house and I'm ready for a car. But I've had such a good experience that I'm giving the Murano to one of my kids.