2007 Nissan Murano Consumer Review: My First SUV

2007 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Review

My First SUV
By Mike Arakelian on

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I just bought my first SUV, the Murano SL AWD with touring and towing packages. After 6 years of driving a BMW 325CI I was a bit nervous about my new driving experience. I drove the Pilot, Highlander, RAV4, Edge, Touareg, RDX, CX7, CX9, FX35, and RX350. The last test drive was the Murano SL. I was pleasantly surprised at the acceleration and handling of the Murano. It's loaded with features that were found in the pricier SUV's, but for $6K-$8K less, and the fit and finish are top notch. It's too early to accurately predict fuel economy, but I expect numbers in the range of 18/23, about norm for size and weight of the vehicle. The Murano offers lots of bang for the buck.

Hands down the backup camera and the Intelligent Key. I didn't think they were that big a deal until I tried them. They're both fantastic!

Ditch the cassette player. A second 12 volt receptacle on the lower dash would enable me to use both my Garmin and my Valentine without a splitter. Offer the power hatch as a stand alone option. Make standard both stability and traction control as the competition does.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review