2007 Nissan Murano Consumer Review: Impressions after 39 Mo's

2007 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Review

Impressions after 39 Mo's
By NiHao on

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I went with the Nissan Murano after much research because of the advertised MPG, Utility and Amenities. I have 45K miles on it now and have only had to do the scheduled maintenance. No issues, zip, none, 0 with this vehicle. The Goodyear tires are still the originals in fact and I have about 5K mi left on them. The AWD works well in the snow and on wet surfaces for all you weekend skiers out there. The seats on a long drive were quite comfortable as well. New the gas mileage was bad = 17 MPG. Now I get 21-22 regularly in mixed driving. Itís fairly quick too despite the fun zapping CVT transmission. This, besides the paint chipping a bit too much for my taste, is my biggest gripe.

Back up camera; back up camera, backup camera. Thought it was a stupid feature at first, but it's one of those things you wonder what you ever did without. The keyless entry is nice too along with the surprising amount of room for hauling things when the back seats are folded.

Paint needs to be improved. CVT is a nice idea and helps with the MPG, but zaps the fun out of driving a fairly sporty SUV. Although, I hear the third generation of the CVT on the new Nissans is greatly improved.