Garbage
By rick on
2007 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
Purchased the Murano in August of '07. Several things have gone bad on this vehicle: ate up the tires fairly quickly, ignition switch had to be replaced along with a different key, motor mount broke, battery when out and had to replace the cvt boot. I take good care of my vehicles. At first this vehicle was great but after a while things started to fall apart, so much for reliability! I had to pay $1700 + out of pocket to replace the motor mount. Called Nissan customer service and told them bad engineering. Motor mounts should not just break-part is made up of plastic rubber and metal-go figure. Should be a recall on this. Needless to say I won't get my money back for this major flaw.
Favorite Features
Nothing. It's a piece of junk!
Suggested Improvements
Improve motor mounts or your engine will fall on the highway-Fire your engineers. Beware Murano owners your engine may fall out and Nissan will leave you holding the bag.
By k0r0na
on 12/03/14 15:48 PM (PST)

Id like to chime in here because I have owned many many vehicles, all of which are not flawless. First off, every vehicle on the planet will have repairs. eating up tires has everything to do with tires, not the car, thats literally impossible, unless of course you have an alignment issue, which at that point is def the drivers fault, not the cars. Then, the ignition switch? Really? Thats a $50 part and a half hour fix for a handy person, if you are not handy, figure you will spend a bunch of money at a dealership getting your cars repaired. Battery, normal maintenance...cv boot? really, youre going to complain about a cv boot? Ok, so lastly, and this is why I wanted to post, the motor mount: yes back in the day motor mounts were rubber (not plastic btw, and still are not plastic), and metal together. Now days, sometimes theyre still used, however, if you knew about the car you drove and owned you would know theyre silicon filled, electronically controlled motor mounts, to make your driving and acceleration more comfortable. These are things I investigated before buying so I knew what may or may not go wrong. It makes sense to me something so modern and not perfected yet could go south, and even that part, if you are handy and have a garage, is a minor fix. Cars have problems, every single one of them. Bottom line: does the engine and drivetrain last and is it comfortable and safe, absolutely. Not to mention fun to drive and best MPG for the power and size in its class. sure you can buy a 4 cyl, underpowered and small, but this is a great car