Former BMW driver
By Brian on
2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I just bought my 2007 Murano, used, and have about 2000 trouble free miles on it. I drove a BMW 323i for 8 years, but it was starting to cost me big $. Looking for reliability, style and performance, the Murano so far has fit the bill nicely. I was surprised how tight and controlled the ride is. Steering provides good feel & connection to the road, brakes solid and strong. The ride on highway is comfortable and well controlled. Occasionally, small bumps on turns tend to cause some minor wheel hop, but still well controlled. The engine sounds great when started and has good torque. I'm getting 22 MPG combined. CVT works smoothly, though does rob some acceleration from a strong engine.
Favorite Features
Keyless ignition is so handy I don't think I can ever go without again. No more digging for keys! High quality interior on the SL. Radio has very good sound and excellent reception. Computer system lets you control many electronic preferences & is easy to use. Very good nav system.
Suggested Improvements
Front seats are wide and need more side support on SL model. Redesign drivers arm rest to move closer to wheel, no place now to rest your arm when driving. Curser button on nav system a little awkward to use. No aux input - though there are aftermarket adapters for $100 or so.