A fully competent crossover
By AutoJunkie on
2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
Having lived with my Murano for 3 years, I felt it was time to report in. My Mo is factory spec, no aftermarket upgrades. 06/07 models are truly the best years. Significant styling changes to the exterior/interior in 05 boost class and elegance. While 06/07 models benefited from increased sound deadening and are free of most early glitches. I'm always test driving cars and IMHO the 1G Murano still stacks up well against modern competitors, a testament to Nissan's forward thinking and sound design back in 03. Only modern amenities missing are Bluetooth and Aux/iPod interfaces. The Murano strikes a good balance between sport, practicality and comfort. I plan to keep my Mo around for a while.
Favorite Features
MPG: I get 23 comb. and 25-27 on the highway at 70mph; Cargo space: A whopping 83 cu ft w/ fold flat seats; backup cam: a necessity given poor rear visibility; HID: bright and clear but a sharp cutoff; AWD: very sure footed in the snow; Reliability: just reg. maint. in 40K miles.
Suggested Improvements
NVH: engine noisy during accel. and road noise above 60mph. Chassis: Too much flex = head toss on rough roads, even w/ softer SL suspension. Performance: CVT prog. for eco., need to floor it to move it; NAV: poor UI but good accuracy. Stereo: Factory Bose has poor bass response, even w/ sep. woofer.