Used 2007 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Most unreliable car I have ever owned
By markw5 on 04/01/15 21:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had some horrible experiences with this vehicle, starting with a bad transmission at 48K miles, ending with a bad radiator and steering rack at 62K miles. The interval between 36K and 65K miles so far has yielded literally close to $8K or more in needed repairs for a vehicle that is driven very lightly and locally. Thank God for the extended warranty else I would have sold this thing years ago!!!

Unreliable vehicle for the high price
By pukark on 08/26/13 11:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My powertrain warranty expired on March 13. I went to dealership on Jan/Feb 13 & till then I did not have any problem. I went again on 07/13 just after my warranty expired & now dealer says I have following issues and the price for it. Nissan Dealership is not telling me issues with cars until warranty runs out so that they can get money out of me. I have 5 year around 3 month and 49900 mileage on my 2007 Nissan murano SL. •right front lower control arm($445.99) & left front lower control arm($445.99) •Reseal transfer case ($1,871.37) •Replace rack & pinion assembly ($1,441.19) •Replace oil pan gasket($141.99) Hall nissan virginia beach suks .transfer case problem is wide spread.

Beware - My Murano Has Not Aged Well
By fran31 on 02/20/13 06:58 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car was great for the first 5 years. At 73,000 miles some very expensive and un warranted repairs became necessary. The drivers seat frame cracked, this necessitated replacement that cost $1300. The high pressure power steering line also went, this was a $600 repair. The transfer case associated with the CVT transmission is seeping and requires a rebuild that will cost over $2500. My Niissan service manager told me that Nissan is fully aware of each of these issues and as has published service bulletins because of the high failure rate. Unfortunately Nissan would not reimburse me for these repairs. The extended warranty on the CVC does not cover the transfer case.

CVT is great!
By pavisp on 06/19/11 03:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Murano SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The CVT gives a smooth and powerful acceleration. I've never had any problem passing another vehicle quickly. The SE was rated as giving a choppy ride due to the CVT, but I don't feel it that way. It's not obvious at all when the transmission changes gears. We travel alot and have over 65,000 miles on our 2007.

Great Car
By Dick on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is our second and when the lease is up next April, we will most likely lease another. It is a good, solid car that performs well with no trouble. This is my wife's car so I expect it to be a safe, easy to drive car. I wish the gas mileage was better but we live with it. Love the car as does my wife.

Former BMW driver
By Brian on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I just bought my 2007 Murano, used, and have about 2000 trouble free miles on it. I drove a BMW 323i for 8 years, but it was starting to cost me big $. Looking for reliability, style and performance, the Murano so far has fit the bill nicely. I was surprised how tight and controlled the ride is. Steering provides good feel & connection to the road, brakes solid and strong. The ride on highway is comfortable and well controlled. Occasionally, small bumps on turns tend to cause some minor wheel hop, but still well controlled. The engine sounds great when started and has good torque. I'm getting 22 MPG combined. CVT works smoothly, though does rob some acceleration from a strong engine.

Excellent Vehicle
By pmadd on 09/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Murano SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Have had our 2007 Murano for almost 3 1/2 years and have had 0 problems with it and have enjoyed it thoroughly during this time. It is fun to drive (for an SUV), handles exceptionally well, and has fairly good fuel economy for an SUV/crossover.

Garbage
By rick on 08/13/10 22:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased the Murano in August of '07. Several things have gone bad on this vehicle: ate up the tires fairly quickly, ignition switch had to be replaced along with a different key, motor mount broke, battery when out and had to replace the cvt boot. I take good care of my vehicles. At first this vehicle was great but after a while things started to fall apart, so much for reliability! I had to pay $1700 + out of pocket to replace the motor mount. Called Nissan customer service and told them bad engineering. Motor mounts should not just break-part is made up of plastic rubber and metal-go figure. Should be a recall on this. Needless to say I won't get my money back for this major flaw.

07 Solid
By pikey on 07/22/10 16:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Murano SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This vehicle has performed flawlessly for 44,000 miles thus far. It has been taken to the dealer only for routine servicing. No deficiencies! The Murano is smooth, comfortable, right sized and rather economical for its size and capabilities. It handles mountain driving pleasurably. The reclining rear seats and ample luggage space make it a perfect long-distance cruiser for four full-sized adults. The original tires are becoming due for replacement soon at about 45,000 miles. All in all, the Murano has been a perfect vehicle for me and my family.

Fast, comfortable, great handling!
By Al on 06/12/10 20:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My Murano replaced a 1999 Chevy Blazer and is a superior vehicle in design and amenities. Space is used more efficiently, there is more storage, seats are more comfortable with more rear seat room and the rear seats recline. Quietest car I've ever owned! I'm a sports car driver and like manual trannies, but the CVT is a hit with me. It engine-brakes at in-town speeds, reducing braking. The CVT applies the V6's ample power beautifully - I can be at 80 by the time I hit the end of freeway entrance ramps. Handling is tight and responsive and vastly superior to most crossovers. Although the turning circle is no smaller than the Blazer's, it's much more fun to drive. Great vehicle!