2007 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews 7

2007 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

2007 Murano Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Murano 07
By Phillip

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I drove all the other SUVs that I could find that interested me. This one won me over hands down to all the rest. I bought the SL loaded with everything except the navigation system. I was impressed with the quality and detail that Nissan puts into their cars. This vehicle is very well made and just a great ride, etc. If you have not given this car a test drive you should do yourself a favor and drive this one before you buy.

Favorite Features

Style is great, seat comfort, ride, intelligent key, review camera, rear seats adjustable, front seats lots of adjustment including pedals. Automatically remembers your seat, mirror, pedal settings. High intensity lights and also I love the display that tells you everything including tire pressure.

Suggested Improvements

Ok, car is great but I would like to see automatic door locks when you put in drive, Bluetooth and iPod USB connections. Everything else is great.

An Almost 10
By Impressed

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

What separates this car from all the rest is this car has style! Granted that some high end cars have looks, none look as good as as this one with a few thousand dollars less. Only smart ones will truly appreciate the beauty of this car. This car also has a very smooth CVT, spacious interior, great sound (with the Bose system). Instrument panel is easy to read, also nice wiper/lighting switches. With this car, driving is fun and exciting again, needless to say that 240 horses add nicely to the whole package.

Favorite Features

Smooth CVT, great styling, a lot of horses, handles like a car, and an extremely smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

MP3/iPod connection. The center console can contain a few more compartments for all sorts of little nick-nacks.

My First SUV
By Mike Arakelian

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I just bought my first SUV, the Murano SL AWD with touring and towing packages. After 6 years of driving a BMW 325CI I was a bit nervous about my new driving experience. I drove the Pilot, Highlander, RAV4, Edge, Touareg, RDX, CX7, CX9, FX35, and RX350. The last test drive was the Murano SL. I was pleasantly surprised at the acceleration and handling of the Murano. It's loaded with features that were found in the pricier SUV's, but for $6K-$8K less, and the fit and finish are top notch. It's too early to accurately predict fuel economy, but I expect numbers in the range of 18/23, about norm for size and weight of the vehicle. The Murano offers lots of bang for the buck.

Favorite Features

Hands down the backup camera and the Intelligent Key. I didn't think they were that big a deal until I tried them. They're both fantastic!

Suggested Improvements

Ditch the cassette player. A second 12 volt receptacle on the lower dash would enable me to use both my Garmin and my Valentine without a splitter. Offer the power hatch as a stand alone option. Make standard both stability and traction control as the competition does.

WOW
By Jack

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just bought it. The car drives beautifully. Loving the design exterior and interior. Lots of room in the back. Been using it to move lots of stuff. Can also keep track of gas mileage constantly.

Suggested Improvements

The sirius satellite radio loses signals when going over overpasses, even some large tree branches can affect it too.

Everything here!
By Deedum

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Finally, everything I have been waiting for and I was told there is no perfect vehicle. Nissan had proved them wrong, this is as close as it gets to perfect for me! Even more than I hope to find! I still have to pinch myself!

Favorite Features

The back up camera, also the easy exit seat, the style of the vehicle, the gas mileage for an SUV is great. I love the little compartments hidden in the trunk. The intelligent key, the great ride. The Nissan mats that come with the vehicle are the best ever, got to love it!

Suggested Improvements

Another choice of interior color would be great, get rid of the cassette player. Other than that, wouldn't change a thing!

Looked for years
By kelly

2007 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just bought one. Drove the 03 when they came out. Wife fell in love with them. Teased her awhile and finally surprised her. Sturdy, firm ride, great handling, very responsive and roomy. Back from roadtrip, 17 mpg towing trailer and motorcycle highway. Without towing averaged 22.7. Far better than my Suburban. First new vehicle in 23 years, what was I waiting for? Seats a little firm for long rides but worth the money. Warranty could be better.

Favorite Features

Outlay of the dash, AWD, CVT, interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Console buttons are very sensitive, better warranty.

Only a little disappointed
By Joe

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After reading positive reviews, I purchased a Murano. I like, not love, this car. It has great style, comfort, easy and fun to drive. The overall look, storage areas, rear camera, intelligent key, smooth trans, roominess and MANY other quality features makes this a very acceptable car. However, my disappoinment is the bumpy ride over rough roads and the low fuel economy. I knew from other reviews that the fuel economy wasn't great, but I seem to be one of few who is unhappy with the rougher ride on bumpy pavement, certainly NOT highways. Also, I often accidently open the center console with my elbow. Bad placement of 2 sensitive push buttons which control this compartment.

Favorite Features

Good looks, smart key, rear camera, roominess, CVT, range of remote entry especially in comparison to my previous GMC car. Color combo - platinum ext, caffe leather int.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage of course, smoother ride on rough pavement, restyle opening mechanism of center console compartment.

Best Crossover Vehicle on the Market
By Mark

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just bought an 07 Murano SL with the touring package. This is a great vehicle for the price. Many safety features that are standard on this SUV are in packages in SUVs that cost thousands more. The ride is very smooth and extremely quiet. This ride also turns a lot of heads. I strongly recommend this vehicle. My Murano is a SL equipped with the touring package. Which basically gives you all the features you would ever want in any car class. Nissan has hit a grand slam with this one.

Favorite Features

Intelligent key, HID headlights and the information center.

Suggested Improvements

To have the automatic light function the last function on the light switch so you don't have to turn on your HID and then turn it off and then back on to use your headlights normally. Cutting them on and off is such a short period of time shortens the lifespan of the system.

My Second Murano - LOVE IT!
By tommyguy10

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I just traded my 2003 Murano for a 2007. I was very disappointed with my 2003 because after 100,500 miles, the "pressure sensor" in the transmission started to go out so they told me the only fix was a new transmission ($5200!). There was nothing wrong with the CVT, just the sensor. I was very upset over this and said I would never purchase another Murano. Well, after driving all of the 2007 cars, I could not find anything close to the Murano. So, I bought a new one. Looks like they have ironed out all of the kinks. I am sure they have fixed the pressure sensor issue. If not, there will be tons of screaming customers before me.

Favorite Features

Power when accelerating from a stop! Smooth acceleration (CVT). Backup camera, keyless entry. Tight drive.

Suggested Improvements

My elbow now hits the new chrome that they put on the end of the center console. Wish they had left the console all padded! Also, the stereo is not removable, so you cannot install a custom stereo. Get rid of the tray beneath the radio and make the center more sleek.

Smooth ride, quiet interior
By Andrew

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car mainly for my wife, but I do enjoy driving it because the ride is very quiet and smooth. Acceleration is nice and road noise on the highway is minimal. I don't like that the steering is very resistive to turn, and the auto headlight sensor basically needs pitch black light to turn on. Overall a great car with a nice interior, soft ride, and great visibility. The nav unit with bird's eye view is nice, but lack of touchscreen and the small function knob make it a bit difficult to manage. Bose sound not as great as advertised either. Fuel economy is typically average ~19mpg 50/50 city/hwy. Car is not for sport enthusiasts though. Very comparable to RX 350.

Favorite Features

Intellikey is great (wish it had pushbutton start), good headlights with HID, quiet ride, smooth handling.

Suggested Improvements

Electronic steering, better warranty (3yr/36k is pretty low), better console navigation knob, pushbutton start, bluetooth, usb mp3 jack.