Used 2007 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Murano

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Last of the 2007s
By JC Higgins

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Neither my wife or myself liked the 2009 for interior space or ergonomics so we bought a new 2007 loaded SL in Merlot with chrome wheels. Love it. Roomy because they resisted putting three rows of seats in. At low speeds the trans seems to drag the car down rather than freewheel like it does at high speeds. Mileage adequate at this point but switching to Mobil one synthetic seems to be good for two MPG in these cars so I'll switch after break in. The Bose is mediocre but then, I'm an audio snob. No other complaints. My wife prefers my car to her 2000 RX 300.Get compliments on the car's beauty. Good road handling with touring suspension. We like it.

Favorite Features

Navigation. Camera. Leather. storage under rear mat. Touring suspension. Great looks and quality feel. Constantly get compliments on the car's style, beauty and build quality.

Suggested Improvements

The Bose audio is only adequate. Bose offers mediocre performance backed by massive marketing. Weird how the trans seems to drag the car down at low speeds which it doesn't at higher speeds. Cup holders are small and awkward. The whole center console doesn't seem to work well for me.

easy
By casmpb

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Love everything except ride when going slow. This is smooth driving on highway but rough in city going under 30. The comfort of 4-5 adults and a large dog in back is amazing.

Favorite Features

Easy to put seats down, camera when backing up, almost everything is great

Suggested Improvements

Suspension, the ride is rough when driving slow.

Sports Crossover
By Nick

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great fun to drive, power surges from the engine, seats are excellent and really cushion one, it is perfect for someone wanting more room than the RAV4, Escape CX7 but not the bigger SUVs. 18 inch wheels are a bit too big somehow. The Touring package makes it a really smart car. Mine is sunset red with black leather interior. No it's not a household removal truck, more a Maxima on stilts. I traded my BMW 530i for this so expectations were high !

Favorite Features

Surgy performance, handling, AWD, vision and overall styling makes most crossovers kinda no pizazz, oh the turning circle is so much smaller than my wife's Lexus RX

Suggested Improvements

CVT can be a little funky in changing in low revs, mirrors are usefully big but can be clipped, back seats are a little too upright for a long trip, ride may be better on less than 18 inch tires, brushed aluminum trip seems a little cheapo

Simply Beautiful
By Amethyst

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I picked up a leftover Murano when I heard the 09s were coming out, as I've always loved the body style, and needed the room for my dogs. All went well for the first thousand miles, until I got off the freeway one morning and it sputtered out on the street. I would restart it, but it would do the same. Had it towed to the dealership, where it was diagnosed with "crank sensor failure", and it was replaced under warranty. No apology, no coupon for free oil change, nothing. On the upside, I've driven it another 2,000 miles smoothly since then. But that experience has somewhat tarnished my love for my Murano (some) and Nissan (more so).

Favorite Features

Black interior, super comfy seats, back-up camera, 23 mpg with mixed driving, aluminum accents, beautiful grill.

Suggested Improvements

IPod adapter! I spent $200 on the one through the accessories department. Improve paint quality, as I've already noticed several small dings on the front of the car. Cheaper tonneau cover! $500 through Nissan accessories, which I did not purchase. Oh, and those crank sensors!

Good Vehicle...Just Miss My Maxima
By Walt

2007 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Overall this car has been great for my family. We traded an 04 Maxima for this vehicle and although I miss the power and feel of the Maxima this crossover does drive very well, even on long trips. You do lose some pep with the CVT but who is trying to race with kids in the car or in any crossover SUV for that matter. It still accelerates on the freeway and out of red lights. The seats could use more comfort and I think Nissan needs to revamp the style because of the new look and space inside the Highlander. Overall I would recommend this car to others.

Favorite Features

Navigation, back-up camera, display.

Suggested Improvements

More trunk space behind the seats. It's tough to fit more than a stroller in most the time. Touch screen display. Blue tooth and iPod connections.