2007 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Roadtrip
By Peter Stringer on 08/22/09 07:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We have just completed a 30 day, 8k mile roadtrip, Florida - Utah and back, the car performed superbly. 1100' climbs on gravel roads, no matter what we attempted the car was just perfect.We completed 625 miles one day thro Texas - so comfortable, can't praise it enough. Had an oil change in Kanab by Ramsey's - brilliant. Got back - Royal Palm Nissan dealer for full service and the hassle started. The local dealer lets a brilliant car down.

God and my Murano Saved My Life!
By Joy on 08/11/09 15:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I was in a roll over accident in my Murano and I literally walked away from the accident with out a scratch! God and my 2007 Nissan Murano saved my life. The car was totaled, but I am a walking miracle that seat belts save lives and this car is very safe! I I could, I would attach a picture so you all could see how my Murano looked after the crash. I am in the hunt now to buy another 2007 Nissan Murano!

Heinous Ride
By chasr on 07/07/09 10:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Very distinctive styling led me to the Murano. Great gas mileage due to the CVT. Horrible ride for a vehicle in this class. Noisy and VERY harsh on even the slightest bumps.

Pros are Wrong, Drivetrain is Strong
By kevin on 01/27/09 12:01 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I find the power and the CVT to be very adequate. On the freeway at even 80 mph the pickup is outstanding for such a vehicle. The handling is precise and the road feel is excellent. I see no downsides to this vehicle. I get almost 23 mpg at 80 on the freeway, and about 20 around town.

3rd Time Nissan Owner
By NYNIC715 on 12/31/08 14:25 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I previously had an '05 then an '07 Pathfinder. Being a single woman I decided to downsize. After looking at the Edge, Mariner & Escape, & X3, Nissan once again won my business. Picked up the 07 just before the 09 came out at that time the 09 had no photos out yet - didn't want to wait and be disappointed with the new one. The 09 is nice but I have to say I love the '07. The CVT at low speeds is a nuance but only a minor one. It's comfortable for long rides, fun to zip around in, tight turning radius, fuel efficient for an SUV. Could use an iPod adapter and heated stearing wheel - the Pathfinders now have that. Over all you'll be pleasantly surprised with this crossover.

Great Car, OK price
By guy on 12/11/08 15:12 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I get just over 20 mpg which I think is very good for this size car. I have had no problems with it through 32K miles. I got in one accident with it (I was rear ended at highway speeds), and it was very sturdy. I barely felt the impact. So for safety, this car gets an A+ in my book. The acceleration is fairly good for this segment. It feels lighter than it is when accelerating and passing on the highway. The interior is extremely comfortable and have been on several 6+ hour trips without stopping. The interior is also very quiet on the highway which is a very big plus. I think the price is a bit high, but it slots in under an Acura MDX which has a nicer dash appearance.

After Two Years....
By Drew on 10/22/08 10:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I must admit I have been pleasantly surprised by Nissan's build quality and reliability. This was my first Nissan and I can say with some confidence that I would purchase another at this point. The gas mileage has been averaging around 21, with city getting around 18 and highway about 23. The AWD comes in handy for Tahoe trips and the cargo space is plenty for most hauls. The only thing that I just never liked is the CVT. I can’t get used to the way it feels when pressing on the gas. Other than that, the sucker is fast for a SUV. And it handles surprisingly well and is very comfy on long trips. Wear and tear has been minimal.

"Doesn't get no respect"
By Carloskid on 10/14/08 07:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my second Murano. I love it. I just drove 900 miles form S.C to Long Island, NY and got just about 25 mpg. I always get about 22/23 around home on our flat roads. I can get two fullsize bikes in the back of my Murano with the seats folded. No rack needed. I just use mover's blankets for protection.

Outstanding vehicle!
By T Gibson on 07/28/08 15:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've owned my Murano for about nine months and have minimal complaints! It is the S AWD version and don't have all the bells, but performance is unbeatable in it's class. I see a lot of people say they don't get gas mileage, but I get a solid 28 to 29 mpg on the hwy doing 60 to 65 mph. It will decline significantly from 65 to 80 as with any vehicle. Average 18 to 20 mpg in town. Rides very solid but not uncomfortable. Never had a maintenance issue with it. Would recommend it to anyone! By the way, I'm pretty sure all models back seats recline by pulling the tabs where the seat meets the back. I know mine does and I have a pretty basic model.

Last of the 2007s
By JC Higgins on 05/27/08 10:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Neither my wife or myself liked the 2009 for interior space or ergonomics so we bought a new 2007 loaded SL in Merlot with chrome wheels. Love it. Roomy because they resisted putting three rows of seats in. At low speeds the trans seems to drag the car down rather than freewheel like it does at high speeds. Mileage adequate at this point but switching to Mobil one synthetic seems to be good for two MPG in these cars so I'll switch after break in. The Bose is mediocre but then, I'm an audio snob. No other complaints. My wife prefers my car to her 2000 RX 300.Get compliments on the car's beauty. Good road handling with touring suspension. We like it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.