2007 Murano our second Nissan
By Gord on
2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
It's not hard to go from driving a mid size GM van for 17 years to a new Murano SL awd. our other car is a 2000 Maxima SE. It is the quality and dependability of the Maxima that made my wife and I look into the Murano. We snow ski in the winter and water ski in the summer. We tow a Sea Doo (1000 lbs) to our favorite summer getaway (300 miles) and with the awd...there's not a snow hill that has prevented us from getting to the top safely. It may not have the same ride as the SE, but, it handles the roads just the same. It's stylish and it doesn't take long to get used to the CVT. CVT is like taking off in a jet... imagine the pilot having to shift gears during takeoff.
Favorite Features
My favorite features are the 3.5 V6...very smooth and definitly not lacking in the power department. Also, the back entry with the convenient handles for setting down the 60/40 back seats when loading up for the ski hills. The rear reclining seats are a nice touch too!
Suggested Improvements
In the improvement department. Get rid of the cassette player...put an ipod base / connector there instead. I'm sure in time I will see other notables, but, for now it's a treat to own.