Used 2007 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Too much $$$ for so little sizzle
By Ed Bradley

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Had this for a company car and disliked every minute in it. Terrible interior that featured poor display lighting (had to put duct tape over blindingly green colored "brights on" and "cruise activated" lights), back breaking seats if driving over 2 hours at a time, and sluggish performance with the awful CVT transmission. So many other crossovers have passed the Murano by that I can't believe anyone would pay near sticker price for this car. Interior is also noisy at freeway speeds exceeding 65 mph. Interior materials seemed like they were sourced from a Chevy supplier and dash display would be considered acceptable on an 80's era vehicle, not a car costing north of 30k.

Exterior style, trip computer

Aux jack for radio, new transmission, better seats, firmer suspension, whole new dashboard including a reduction in the space between dash and windshield, better sound insulation, lower sticker price (new Mazda CX-9 and Highlander blow this car away for the $), improve texture and look of interior.

What a sweetheart!!!
By billyboy

2007 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We started out looking at Chevrolets but the salesman showed us the 2007 Nissan Murano. We drove it and loved it immediately!!! We had a 2006 PT Cruiser we both loved but there was no comparison. We made our deal and took it home. It's the basic S model with AWD. Not a lot of frills but enough. It rides like a big car but can be parked like our cruiser. So far the average gas mileage is 23 mpg, city and highway driving. Our family thinks it's really cool (I'm 70 and wife's younger). It's a real pleasure to drive and the transmission is a piece of work, smooth and quiet. We live on a gravel and dusty road and the body is tight and quiet. This is a car all your friends will envy as you cruise.

Looks, engine performance, gas mileage, fabic seats, dash appearance, wheels and tire size.

I don't think they can improve on this car!

Former Jeep Grand Cherokee owner
By Mike L.

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have 7500 mi on my Murano and it has delivered more than I expected. My Murano does 0-60 in 7.5 sec. The Murano handling is quite good and the CVT is great in hilly traveling where standard transmission would be shifting and bucking up the hills.

CVT, strong engine, quite engine, cargo space and lots of leg room up front.

MP3 jack, better suspension to handle big bumps, higher quality materials on interior.

Too big and bulky
By Tiny

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded my Mazda CX7 because it drove rough. The Murano drove worse. It drives hard and heavy. It is hard to park. You cannot see in the back well. There is not enough room for more than two suitcases. When on smooth surface you can still feel little bumps.

The Murano is roomy inside and kind of cute.

Better suspension. More room for the size for trunk space. Back seats be able to move up and back.

Good but not Great
By KC

2007 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have driven large SUVs for the past 6 years, Ford Expedition and Chevy Tahoe. The Murano has a smother trans. and a very fun suspension. The stereo needs an mp3 jack and a bit better speakers. I'd also like to have heated seats as well. Electric leather seats are comfortable and very user friendly. I like the addition of the pedals that come forward. Gas mileage (avg 22 mpg) is a bit lower than expected, but much better than the large SUVs. AWD is great. There is a rattling sound that should not be heard on a new vehicle - one that the dealer could not find. Also, the 3.5l engine pings a lot even with super unleaded gas.

Fully adjustable seats, AWD, wide wheel base, "S" power to pass, fold down seats, moon roof.

Get rid of the tape cassette option in the dash and make the stereo dash board smaller and add more audio technology. Put an AC jack in front of the shifter rather than in the arm rest compartment. Maybe a bit more torque. Make an engine model that does not "ping" when using regular unleaded gas.