Used 2007 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

What a sweetheart!!!
By billyboy

2007 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We started out looking at Chevrolets but the salesman showed us the 2007 Nissan Murano. We drove it and loved it immediately!!! We had a 2006 PT Cruiser we both loved but there was no comparison. We made our deal and took it home. It's the basic S model with AWD. Not a lot of frills but enough. It rides like a big car but can be parked like our cruiser. So far the average gas mileage is 23 mpg, city and highway driving. Our family thinks it's really cool (I'm 70 and wife's younger). It's a real pleasure to drive and the transmission is a piece of work, smooth and quiet. We live on a gravel and dusty road and the body is tight and quiet. This is a car all your friends will envy as you cruise.

Favorite Features

Looks, engine performance, gas mileage, fabic seats, dash appearance, wheels and tire size.

Suggested Improvements

I don't think they can improve on this car!

Former Jeep Grand Cherokee owner
By Mike L.

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have 7500 mi on my Murano and it has delivered more than I expected. My Murano does 0-60 in 7.5 sec. The Murano handling is quite good and the CVT is great in hilly traveling where standard transmission would be shifting and bucking up the hills.

Favorite Features

CVT, strong engine, quite engine, cargo space and lots of leg room up front.

Suggested Improvements

MP3 jack, better suspension to handle big bumps, higher quality materials on interior.

Too big and bulky
By Tiny

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded my Mazda CX7 because it drove rough. The Murano drove worse. It drives hard and heavy. It is hard to park. You cannot see in the back well. There is not enough room for more than two suitcases. When on smooth surface you can still feel little bumps.

Favorite Features

The Murano is roomy inside and kind of cute.

Suggested Improvements

Better suspension. More room for the size for trunk space. Back seats be able to move up and back.

Good but not Great
By KC

2007 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have driven large SUVs for the past 6 years, Ford Expedition and Chevy Tahoe. The Murano has a smother trans. and a very fun suspension. The stereo needs an mp3 jack and a bit better speakers. I'd also like to have heated seats as well. Electric leather seats are comfortable and very user friendly. I like the addition of the pedals that come forward. Gas mileage (avg 22 mpg) is a bit lower than expected, but much better than the large SUVs. AWD is great. There is a rattling sound that should not be heard on a new vehicle - one that the dealer could not find. Also, the 3.5l engine pings a lot even with super unleaded gas.

Favorite Features

Fully adjustable seats, AWD, wide wheel base, "S" power to pass, fold down seats, moon roof.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the tape cassette option in the dash and make the stereo dash board smaller and add more audio technology. Put an AC jack in front of the shifter rather than in the arm rest compartment. Maybe a bit more torque. Make an engine model that does not "ping" when using regular unleaded gas.

I live to drive this SUV!
By Steve Gregory

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my first Murano, and the finest vehicle I have ever owned. The performance is outstanding. It is quick, powerful, and drives like a luxury car. It is very comfortable, with soft leather seats, amazing head and leg room, and the ride is very smooth. The interior accents are so unique. The cluster gauges are easy to read, the steering wheel controls for the stereo/cd and cruise control are very convenient, and the dash display for various functions and rear view when backing is unbelievable. The body styling is ahead of its time. The chrome accents are great. The quality workmanship of the interior and exterior is obvious.

Favorite Features

Body styling, interior room, driving comfort, amazing visibility from every angle, safety features (front, rear, and side curtain airbags), heated seats, reclining rear seats, Bose stereo system, power sunroof, excellent handling.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes squeal occasionally when backing, so this could be improved.