Used 2007 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Worst purchase ever !
By C weddle

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car at Carmax in fishers . The CD player was broken after 3 days it took them 2 Mos to replace. Since I have replaced all front in parts including sway bar , tie rod ends, control arms and have replaced ball joints in right front 7 times . Now car won't start ! It uses oil and has transmission leak all by 80k miles total junk and resale of junk is not good ! BEWARE

Most unreliable car I have ever owned
By markw5

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had some horrible experiences with this vehicle, starting with a bad transmission at 48K miles, ending with a bad radiator and steering rack at 62K miles. The interval between 36K and 65K miles so far has yielded literally close to $8K or more in needed repairs for a vehicle that is driven very lightly and locally. Thank God for the extended warranty else I would have sold this thing years ago!!!

Interior space and comfort

Design a vehicle that is more reliable and wont see major failures until at least 100K miles

Unreliable vehicle for the high price
By pukark

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My powertrain warranty expired on March 13. I went to dealership on Jan/Feb 13 & till then I did not have any problem. I went again on 07/13 just after my warranty expired & now dealer says I have following issues and the price for it. Nissan Dealership is not telling me issues with cars until warranty runs out so that they can get money out of me. I have 5 year around 3 month and 49900 mileage on my 2007 Nissan murano SL. •right front lower control arm($445.99) & left front lower control arm($445.99) •Reseal transfer case ($1,871.37) •Replace rack & pinion assembly ($1,441.19) •Replace oil pan gasket($141.99) Hall nissan virginia beach suks .transfer case problem is wide spread.

Recall the transfer case issue for this 2007 murano. Its a safety issue

Beware - My Murano Has Not Aged Well
By fran31

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car was great for the first 5 years. At 73,000 miles some very expensive and un warranted repairs became necessary. The drivers seat frame cracked, this necessitated replacement that cost $1300. The high pressure power steering line also went, this was a $600 repair. The transfer case associated with the CVT transmission is seeping and requires a rebuild that will cost over $2500. My Niissan service manager told me that Nissan is fully aware of each of these issues and as has published service bulletins because of the high failure rate. Unfortunately Nissan would not reimburse me for these repairs. The extended warranty on the CVC does not cover the transfer case.

CVT Transmission and transfer case, drivers seat frame, high pressure power steering unit, front wheel bearings, automatic tire pressure indicators

CVT is great!
By pavisp

2007 Nissan Murano SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The CVT gives a smooth and powerful acceleration. I've never had any problem passing another vehicle quickly. The SE was rated as giving a choppy ride due to the CVT, but I don't feel it that way. It's not obvious at all when the transmission changes gears. We travel alot and have over 65,000 miles on our 2007.

Fully reclining front seat allows the passenger to sleep comfortably on long trips. We checked out many comparable models and the back seat is as comfortable as the front seat, so if you have other passengers they'll appreciate it! I LOVE the fob and it would be hard to go back to using a key.