Used 2007 Nissan Murano SL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Very Satisfied
By carloskid

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my second Murano SL. I live in a flat area with mostly 50/45mph speed limits. I average 24.4 mpg without driving like an old fogey. I get the same or better on the hiway. I have experimented, and the car runs fine on regular gas. No difference using midgrade or premium gas.

Backup camera, Satellite radio, leather seats with heaters, lots of baggage and passenger room. Good power, smooth ride.

Better tires - My Goodyears are noisy. Can't wait to replace them. Cruise light is too bright (covered it with film). Can do well without keyless system. Don't lose your fob big $$$$$$!

Roadtrip
By Peter Stringer

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We have just completed a 30 day, 8k mile roadtrip, Florida - Utah and back, the car performed superbly. 1100' climbs on gravel roads, no matter what we attempted the car was just perfect.We completed 625 miles one day thro Texas - so comfortable, can't praise it enough. Had an oil change in Kanab by Ramsey's - brilliant. Got back - Royal Palm Nissan dealer for full service and the hassle started. The local dealer lets a brilliant car down.

Comfort, space and aesthetics.

More storage. Indicator to show when lights on on.

Pros are Wrong, Drivetrain is Strong
By kevin

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I find the power and the CVT to be very adequate. On the freeway at even 80 mph the pickup is outstanding for such a vehicle. The handling is precise and the road feel is excellent. I see no downsides to this vehicle. I get almost 23 mpg at 80 on the freeway, and about 20 around town.

Backup camera

"Doesn't get no respect"
By Carloskid

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my second Murano. I love it. I just drove 900 miles form S.C to Long Island, NY and got just about 25 mpg. I always get about 22/23 around home on our flat roads. I can get two fullsize bikes in the back of my Murano with the seats folded. No rack needed. I just use mover's blankets for protection.

Very comfortable seats. Good gas mileage.

More front cubbyholes

Last of the 2007s
By JC Higgins

2007 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Neither my wife or myself liked the 2009 for interior space or ergonomics so we bought a new 2007 loaded SL in Merlot with chrome wheels. Love it. Roomy because they resisted putting three rows of seats in. At low speeds the trans seems to drag the car down rather than freewheel like it does at high speeds. Mileage adequate at this point but switching to Mobil one synthetic seems to be good for two MPG in these cars so I'll switch after break in. The Bose is mediocre but then, I'm an audio snob. No other complaints. My wife prefers my car to her 2000 RX 300.Get compliments on the car's beauty. Good road handling with touring suspension. We like it.

Navigation. Camera. Leather. storage under rear mat. Touring suspension. Great looks and quality feel. Constantly get compliments on the car's style, beauty and build quality.

The Bose audio is only adequate. Bose offers mediocre performance backed by massive marketing. Weird how the trans seems to drag the car down at low speeds which it doesn't at higher speeds. Cup holders are small and awkward. The whole center console doesn't seem to work well for me.