2006 Nissan Murano 3.5L V6 AWD CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Minor ergonimic problems, excellent car

2006 Nissan Murano - Consumer Review

Minor ergonimic problems, excellent car
By mmagliaro on

2006 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought this used with 26000 miles on it. It's quiet, comfortable, powerful. I get an honest 23 mpg with it (but I do mostly highway driving). In fact, it's the nicest car I have ever owned. But it's not without flaws. 1. This car is so short on storage! Not enough drawers, pouches, etc, to put "stuff" 2. Doors don't prop and hold open at enough convenient positions. Have to open the doors all the way most of the time to really be sure they stay open. 3. AM radio reception is poor. AM is still handy for news and such. This thing can't pull in most of the stations my old radio could. FM is fine. 4. Sliding armrest thing is silly.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, comfortable, excellent acceleration especially for a 5000 lb car. Gorgeous easy-to-read-and-use dash and controls. Nice cargo area in back.

Suggested Improvements

More storage areas for things like gloves, umbrellas, CDs, etc. Put pockets on the seat backs Make the doors hold really firm at the halfway open position.