2006 Nissan Murano Consumer Review: For the non-boring personality

2006 Nissan Murano - Consumer Review

2006 Nissan Murano

For the non-boring personality
By Chris Roberts on

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

After driving quite a few other makes ranging from the domestics to Toyota and Lexus, the Murano seemed to give the most features for the buck without that conservative blah feeling. I have always been a fan of Nissan's engines (a mechanic friend considers them "bulletproof"),though this is the first one I have owned- I am not dissappointed. The CVT transmission is shiftless and doesn't quite give the thrust of the same engine in other applications, but I feel the Murano is still one of quickest of the vehicles I drove. The safety is there for my wife and daughter but most of the SUV's seemed generally well equiped in that respect.

The intelligent key feature is absolutely fantastic. The Nissan's I drove all had minimal body roll compared to alot of the competitors while still giving a great ride that keeps you in touch with the road. The rear view camera is a handy feature and the new color display is sharp.

It's not absolutely perfect in every respect but my wife and I are enjoying it very much so far. Don't have anything I hate about the vehicle or I wouldn't have purchased one. All of my ratings were in comparison to similar vehicles I tested.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review