For the non-boring personality
By Chris Roberts on
2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
After driving quite a few other makes ranging from the domestics to Toyota and Lexus, the Murano seemed to give the most features for the buck without that conservative blah feeling. I have always been a fan of Nissan's engines (a mechanic friend considers them "bulletproof"),though this is the first one I have owned- I am not dissappointed. The CVT transmission is shiftless and doesn't quite give the thrust of the same engine in other applications, but I feel the Murano is still one of quickest of the vehicles I drove. The safety is there for my wife and daughter but most of the SUV's seemed generally well equiped in that respect.
Favorite Features
The intelligent key feature is absolutely fantastic. The Nissan's I drove all had minimal body roll compared to alot of the competitors while still giving a great ride that keeps you in touch with the road. The rear view camera is a handy feature and the new color display is sharp.
Suggested Improvements
It's not absolutely perfect in every respect but my wife and I are enjoying it very much so far. Don't have anything I hate about the vehicle or I wouldn't have purchased one. All of my ratings were in comparison to similar vehicles I tested.