2006 Nissan Murano Consumer Review: Don't Believe Gas Mileage Rati

2006 Nissan Murano - Consumer Review

SL 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD CVT Automatic)

Don't Believe Gas Mileage Ratings
By Ginger on

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

When we purchased the our 2006 Nissan Murano, one of our major considerations was gas mileage. We were impressed with the manufacturers ratings of 19 city and 24 highway. Well, we have driven our Murano for 5000 miles, changed the oil at 3000 and the best mileage we have gotten on a trip (using cruise control whenever possible) was 17. Around town we are only getting 13-14! I took it back to the dealership today and they told me there is nothing wrong with it-that cars can vary, the ratings are just an estimate, and everyone doesn't get that mileage. I don't feel I drive excessively fast and don't do quick starts or stops, so I just don't understand. Don't trust the mileage Nissan claims!

Lots of leg room even for my husband who is 6' 2". The keyless start is great - I never have to search through my purse to find the keys. The automatic seat settings for two different height drivers is a big plus and having the gas and brake pedals move forward is super for me as I am only 5'2" tall

Improve fuel economy or change the fuel efficiency ratings to make them more accurate and honest. Make a larger rear view window - there are blind spots. The metal console gets very hot in the summer and I have burned my arm a few times when I accidentally touched it.