2006 Nissan Murano Consumer Review: Daddy's blue rocket

2006 Nissan Murano - Consumer Review

SL 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD CVT Automatic)

Daddy's blue rocket
By Eric on

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased this car back in March of 2006. i have 7500 miles on car now. It has been quite an exhilirating ride to say the least. I find it is very quick and responsive for an suv. I have yet to experience 25 mpg on hwy, best I have done is avg 21hwy and 17 city and that's stepping on the gas pedal like there is an egg beneath it. I have owned an 01 Avalon and a 98 4Runner. I was happy with these vehicles but I wanted to combine the best of both worlds (suv heght & sports sedan handling), and still keep reasonable price. I crossed the tracks from Toyota to Nissan for this one model because I liked the size of the interior and features offered. It has a rigid ride over bumps.

Relatively quick car with responsive handling. It has the same 3.5 engine that was in Maxima. Bose 6-cd player was added touch. Nimble with good turning radius.

Even though this is a suv I felt that the ride is a little harsh over bumpy streets. If on Hwy at speed 60+ and you hit a few bumps hold wheel with both hands it will not absorb the shock but it has a tendency to strike the bump then deflect or pull slightly to left or right of where it should be.