2006 Nissan Murano Consumer Review: Amazing ride for a SUV

2006 Nissan Murano - Consumer Review

Amazing ride for a SUV
By Wasser on

2006 Nissan Murano SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I chose the SE for improved handling and cornering and it is amazing. You feel the bumps a bit but this softens over time. I have owned almost every SUV out there and I love this. Amazing acceleration. Great interior. Got it fully loaded for at least 15K less then the RX 400h and FX. I previously owned an RX330 and it was like driving a girls car (boaring) with too much lean. I actually had to wait 3 months for it to be delivered with my specs-exact color, nav, dvd, satellite, backup camera, smartkey. Can downshift even though with the CVT there are really no gears. Mileage would be better then 18- 20 mph but I ride it very aggressively. My wife uses low-octane, I use mid- range. I love it.

The handling and acceleration. You should know one of the online techs from consumer report recommended it.

Have to get used to blind spots on the right rear (mirrors are great though). I am just extra careful so I don't get hit.