2006 Nissan Murano Consumer Review: Absolute rattlebox- don't buy!

2006 Nissan Murano - Consumer Review

SL 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD CVT Automatic)

Absolute rattlebox- don't buy!
By zookeeper711 on

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded in a 4Runner for my Murano just over a year ago and wish I hadn't! It didn't take long for the Murano to develop rattles. Seems like as soon as I figure out one rattle, another one starts. It has a very rough ride and it makes the rattles that much worse. The car does look nice and has some nice features, but those are the only positive things I can say about it. I was hoping for great gas mileage, but it has been a big disappointment. I get 19-20 mpg on the highway. My husband recently purchased a 2004 4Runner with a V6 for himself and so far, it gets better gas mileage, has a much smoother ride and has way more room. Do not buy a 2006 model!

My favorite feature is the "smart key" technology. I do love not ever having to take keys out of my purse. Probably the only thing I will miss about the vehicle.

Needs a smoother suspension (the newer models to appear to be better). Nissan needs to work on quality of the interior and reduce the rattles! Also need to revise the design of the power steering lines as it is a known problem for them to develop leaks.