Used 2006 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Murano

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

The best after 50 years of driving cars
By Laccaro

2006 Nissan Murano SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Had a 1999 jeep grand cherokee that gas mileage was 17 to 18 all the time. I am hard to please. I have a 2004 turbo Porsche with 444 hp. I looked at the suvs. that are out there. Took me 9 months. The Nissan Murano was just the best. Period. I have been around cars and have flagged races for years all over the country and have owned MGS to Delornes. Edmunds says the cvt trany saps power. I don't think he has driver the transmission. Quality is out standing. Everything fits and it all works as they say it should. If you want a good suv try one of these. A test drive will sell you as it did me.

Favorite Features

Power plant, transmission, storage area, and the quality of the was the Murano is built. 25 mpg for a suv is outstanding, I get 22 in the city.

Suggested Improvements

They need to do better on the cloth material. Go leather its great and worth the money.

Surpassed my expectations
By gag

2006 Nissan Murano SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

It was my dream car, and it really has been a great experience. It's fun to drive. I got the SE model at the end (was planning on SL) and love it. Though more common nowadays, it still makes people gawk. Very spacious, and the power delivered when you push the pedal is amazing, with no transmission jerking.

Favorite Features

MP3 Bose system. BiXeon lights (very classy). Looks, it is a beautiful SUV, and still unique, no matter how many other manufacturers try to copy it. Dual climate controls.

Suggested Improvements

A/C controls on steering wheel. Heated seats std at least on the pricier SE. BOSE system is very noisy when changing CDs. In shuffle mode if you skip goes to next track when you want it to look for a track random. Add a few inches for + cargo space. Revise center LATCH. Recirculate air without AC on

Most gorgeous perfect car on the road
By Murano Lover!!

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Fun to drive, head turning, comfortable, carefree (because of the navigation and keyless entry) no more searching for your keys in your purse, I wish my house had this too! Camera when backing up, no worries about running someone over, smooth drive, easy to handle, DVD player for the 2yr old, awesome bose stereo and 6 cd holder, I am in Love with this car!!

Favorite Features

dvd player, camera, navigation, stereo system, keyless entry, black leather interior, heated seats, dual climate control and the CRT

Suggested Improvements

I think that you could never get better than this car, I can't imagine ever wanting to give it up!

Best Suv
By gene

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car replaced my 2000 Lexius Rx300. The Lexus was a great car, but I like the Murano even better. I don't think the Lexus is worth $10,000 more, same price maybe I would have gone back to Lexus.Just completed a 3000 mile I95 trip down and back to Florida and got 23 mpg fully loaded and high speed. Unlike others I like the metal finishes on the inside. Gives a high tech and cool feeling. Great seats and I LOVE the rear camera.Holds a ton of stuff. 18 inch tires give the vehicle great height, but still easy to get in and out of and I am only 5.6.

Favorite Features

rear camera, auto folding rear seats, lots of dc outlets, chrome bumper protector on rear.

Suggested Improvements

Only thing I think that can be improved are the windshield wipers, seem to streak a lot

Fantastic
By suezeman

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We were going to buy a infinite, but decided to get the Murano, and glad we did, we enjoy the space and the ride and comfort. Plus I have had more people ask me what kind of SUV it is and I'm so pleased with it I tell them a lot.

Favorite Features

The dual A/C the dual heated seats. the radio everything is fantastic. I really like the adjustable brake and gas peddle since I'm short.

Suggested Improvements

Need to be able to start the car before you leave your home.