Used 2006 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Murano Highs and Lows
By Big Blue

2006 Nissan Murano SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great styling and general performance. Gas mileage is much less than similar cars of this size that I have owned. The car is solid, but any packages that I place in the car rattle like crazy. This is the only car where I have experienced this phenomenon. It detracts immensely from the overall driving experience. Is there that much difference in the ride of an SL versus my SE?

Styling, performance, smooth shifting with CV transmission. No major mechanical issues in 30,000 miles.

Better gas mileage, smoother ride, door locks that activate when you place the transmission in DRIVE or PARK (even my cheap Beetle has this feature).

Glad I got it!
By Shane

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I just bought my Murano used a month ago from a private party. It only had 8,100 miles on it (2006). I looked for a year and got a great price for an SL in perfect condition. I love driving this car. It's zippy, and fun. The Bose stereo system sounds great for most, if you're really into your music you might be a little disappointed. The suspension is a little soft on the SL model if you really like to put the car through the turns. But overall I'm very happy with the car!! I love the interior and exterior lines.

I love the looks and styling of this car. Bose stereo system, back seats recline slightly, back up camera is awesome as well!

An EQ for the stereo system. Improved suspension for performance driving (OK, I'm really picky). The car is great otherwise!!

Some days
By KG

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Most of the time I love my Murano. However, when I have problems it seems to take multiple visits to the dealer to cure them. It took a year to solve a creak in the sun visors. I've made at least 4 visits for a creaking driver's door. Any road imperfections make it creak and it is embarassing when you have others in the vehicle. The door panel has to be replaced. Cruise control will occasionally not respond when I tap the brake pedal have to slam on the brakes or turn off cruise control. The dealer just replaced the master cylinder hoping that will cure the problem So doI! Nissan should spend more money on the interior. It feels like all the money was spent on exterior design.

Exterior styling, intelligent key, back-up camera, Bose stereo, fold down rear seats.

Some choice in replacement tires. Better quality of interior materials.

Great car!
By PVale

2006 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased this car for the safety features and supposed gas mileage. This car handles great and I love to drive it. I purchased this car about 6 months ago and was in one hit and run accident Christmas Eve. The safety features worked beautifully, the repairs were done and the car drives like nothing ever happened.

The lumbar support in drivers seat.

The gas mileage was stickered at 24mpg/26mpg, clearly not the case. I average 17.5 highway, very disappointed at that. The rear brakes squeal rather loudly in wet weather, no fix either per manufacturer.

Long time Nissan owner
By Chris

2006 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a very nice riding car. Handles well on poor driving surfaces. Gas mileage is not what I would like, but I've been driving a 4cyl Altima for the last 12 years. One poor feature is passenger side mirror visibility. Windows are tinted & headrest are very large. I had to install fisheye mirrors to improve field of vision. Other than that the Murano is a great buy.

Flat folding rear seats, dual temperature settings.

Poor passenger side view mirror visibility.