2006 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews 6

2006 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Brakes and Gas Tanks
By Breaks and Gas Tanks on 09/14/06 20:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

It's a Very Good car overall. It's powerful and handles well. Its Roomy inside and the leather feels nice. I had some problems the dealer cannot fix. Brakes squeak in the morning when backing out of the drive way, Complained 6 times and the dealer really try to fix it but cannot. Another problem is when fueling. The pump shuts itself off because the tank does not have "air return"?? The dealer know of this problem and has ordered a new tank. The dealer said its the fuel pump inside the gas tank. About the squicky breaks, dealer said its the type of material Nissan uses on the breaks, no solutions.

My Nissan Murano
By William Berry on 09/05/06 16:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great Car, fun to drive, a wonderful vehicle for a 50+ year old. So comfortable and easy to get into and out of!!!

Excellent Choice for X-over SUV
By Hawg2k on 08/30/06 13:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

As a long time Toyota and Honda owner - 8 Toyotas and 3 Hondas, it was a monumental decision to try Nissan. The Murano has quelled any concerns I had about Nissan products! This machine is incredible; the "shiftless" CVT is flawless and provides constant and even power throughout normal driving ranges. The ride is firm but refined, especially for SUV's. Although we have only driven the Murano in summer conditions, it has done extremely well in the rain and mud. I'm sure it will be a very adequate vehicle for the winter season. Lastly, but far from the least, the overall buying experience at the dealership where I purchased this vehicle was by far the best I have ever had.

Nissan Murano
By Traci on 08/30/06 07:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great ride, good fuel mileage, nice to look at, comfortable. I love almost everything about this car.

never thought i buy anything but a gm pr
By dan on 08/29/06 10:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

the best crossover i tested, and i tested most,the handing is great, the power is very good, i just love the transmisson. the comfort was the best, friends tell me the back seat is also very comfortable. what can i say? great job nissan. i just wish you could get it with a lumbar for passenger seat!!

Awesome!!!
By Kevin on 08/24/06 15:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My 2006 Murano SE AWD drives more like a sportscar than an SUV! The power is exceptional and the handling is exhilarating! The CVT transmission is as smooth as silk, so watch your speed in this Sport Utility Rocket. Whether we take it camping or for a night on the town, it catches everyone's attention. Definitely not the choice for you if you don't want to be noticed! I loved my Maxima but the Murano is even better.

Great
By Gigi on 08/20/06 19:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

A pleasure to drive. Great on a long trip , very comfortable. Great transmission. Cannot tell when it shifts. Needs a little more oompf on take off . Wish came with a v8.

Drive it and you will buy it
By Cynthia on 08/20/06 00:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've always wanted this vehicle the first I saw it. Now that I own it, I will never drive anything else. I get a lot of compliments about this car. This car is quiet, exceptionally smooth and technological. The CVT is amazing, no shift shock. It handles well, is very roomy inside and comfortable on long trips. The DVD is a nice touch in the center console.

FanTasTic
By Natalie on 08/17/06 13:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The Nissan Murano has the best fuel economy in its class. The CVT transmission ensures seamless driving and what I love the best about my Murano is the rear view camera (which is way better than a beeping noise) and that it handles like a car

Don't Believe Gas Mileage Ratings
By Ginger on 08/14/06 17:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

When we purchased the our 2006 Nissan Murano, one of our major considerations was gas mileage. We were impressed with the manufacturers ratings of 19 city and 24 highway. Well, we have driven our Murano for 5000 miles, changed the oil at 3000 and the best mileage we have gotten on a trip (using cruise control whenever possible) was 17. Around town we are only getting 13-14! I took it back to the dealership today and they told me there is nothing wrong with it-that cars can vary, the ratings are just an estimate, and everyone doesn't get that mileage. I don't feel I drive excessively fast and don't do quick starts or stops, so I just don't understand. Don't trust the mileage Nissan claims!