Used 2006 Nissan Murano Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Why not a Murano
By BigBlue

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We have had a Nissan Murano since December of 2005. The car is excellent for road trips. I have taken three teenagers, 15, 18, 19 on several road trips in the past two years and have not heard complaints from the back seat. We find gas mileage on the highway averages around 26mpg, 28 if its really easy driving. Around town we find this to be the perfect urban SUV. INterior is very nice the dash is easy to use and the handling is outstanding. Similar to our old maxima. Cargo space is quite good, see 3 teenagers, 2 adults road trip, everyone brought a suitcase and a couple of coolers. I plan to drive this until the wheels fall off.

Handling, gas mileage, interior comfort. Good acceleration.

Impressive Vehicle
By ERSAN E.

2006 Nissan Murano SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is an impressive SUV for its value. I was planing to buy Benz or BMW but I am glad I kept my 20,000 bucks in my pocket and got more from my Murano than those vehicles offer. Excellent comfort, service and performance. It sticks to the ground on snowy and icy road conditions. Interior design is very attractive and CVT shift is the most interesting feature you can experience and only at Nissan vehicles. I am glad that I test drove this vehicle that day and bought it. Extremely recommended.

CVT, interior design, performance on slippery road conditions esp. on snow and ice, reliability

A great car for the BUCK!
By ikalinin

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

What can I say, before buying the Murano, I've test driven the RX 350, FX35 and the Pilot. I've got about 11k miles on it already, and so far, so good! I get about 19-21 mpg mostly city driving, and it handles great. The 3.5 award winning engine is great and easy maint.

Nav, Bose, backup cam., memory seats & mirrors, intelli key!!

Need to work on the interior. Not impressive at all. Lack of visibility in the rear, a more responsive CVT.

Murano Highs and Lows
By Big Blue

2006 Nissan Murano SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great styling and general performance. Gas mileage is much less than similar cars of this size that I have owned. The car is solid, but any packages that I place in the car rattle like crazy. This is the only car where I have experienced this phenomenon. It detracts immensely from the overall driving experience. Is there that much difference in the ride of an SL versus my SE?

Styling, performance, smooth shifting with CV transmission. No major mechanical issues in 30,000 miles.

Better gas mileage, smoother ride, door locks that activate when you place the transmission in DRIVE or PARK (even my cheap Beetle has this feature).

Glad I got it!
By Shane

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I just bought my Murano used a month ago from a private party. It only had 8,100 miles on it (2006). I looked for a year and got a great price for an SL in perfect condition. I love driving this car. It's zippy, and fun. The Bose stereo system sounds great for most, if you're really into your music you might be a little disappointed. The suspension is a little soft on the SL model if you really like to put the car through the turns. But overall I'm very happy with the car!! I love the interior and exterior lines.

I love the looks and styling of this car. Bose stereo system, back seats recline slightly, back up camera is awesome as well!

An EQ for the stereo system. Improved suspension for performance driving (OK, I'm really picky). The car is great otherwise!!