Used 2006 Nissan Murano SL SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Murano SUV

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Most Helpful|
Nissan has a few bugs.
By saintro

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Overall the Murano is good vehicle. That being said it like many other cars, I'm sure, is not without it faults. To date failures include: The passenger side sun visor flops down and refuses to stay up or forward. The side of the leather seat(the vinyl part) has split into an "X" for no apparent reason and the airbag light is flashing and is going to have to be replaced to the tune of $1000. The seat and visor is also a complaint in other Nissan model, that apparently is not an issue to Nissan.

Favorite Features

Lots of cargo room!! I'd say leg room also but I can't actually be a good judge on this as I'm only 5'1". The car does have pep in it's step when you need it. Handeling is excellent, the roads where I live are curvy and the Murano has no problem handeling them.

Suggested Improvements

The quality of the seats is huge issue as is the visors especially since I don't drive that often I have about 74,000 miles on my car. The gas millage is not even close 27mpg suggested I get about 20 and I'm rural (not a lot of stop and start driving).

Got It Right
By Incrediable

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Researched-originally wanted a Volvo! However after doing the research and driving both- murano won out. Incredible drive and comfort! The body style is beautiful and classy. I have purchased over 24 cars in my driving lifetime. They really got this one right. If you find one used with low mileage get it! Cons: noise when Windows down-but knew this before purchase, but tolerable. Maintenance is easy. Overall makes you want to go out for a drive just for fun.

Favorite Features

Navigation, back up camera seating very comfortable

Suggested Improvements

Doors do not stay open when loading- need to open all the way

Why not a Murano
By BigBlue

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We have had a Nissan Murano since December of 2005. The car is excellent for road trips. I have taken three teenagers, 15, 18, 19 on several road trips in the past two years and have not heard complaints from the back seat. We find gas mileage on the highway averages around 26mpg, 28 if its really easy driving. Around town we find this to be the perfect urban SUV. INterior is very nice the dash is easy to use and the handling is outstanding. Similar to our old maxima. Cargo space is quite good, see 3 teenagers, 2 adults road trip, everyone brought a suitcase and a couple of coolers. I plan to drive this until the wheels fall off.

Favorite Features

Handling, gas mileage, interior comfort. Good acceleration.

I love this car
By glen

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I LOVE this car. I've driven pickups and cars but this is the first car I have ever really LOVED. Very powerful for an "SUV". I get 21 MPG ave. in town etc. Hwy is about 24 MPG. Doesn't have the range that some cars do but not a problem. Seats very comfortable to me. Seat heaters a bit uneven but I don't use that anyway.

Favorite Features

Seats, engine Power, Style, storage, Navigation, backup camera, Quiet, sound system,

Suggested Improvements

make the ride in the back seat less rough, make the Nav system easier to program.

Love My Murano!!!
By PBRAUN

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Best SUV I have ever owned! Have had it 2 years, and am drooling over the new one! Can't see myself without a Murano ever again. Tranny is great, good gas mileage, hauls my toys very nicely (4 wheelers, snowmobiles, waverunners) and my dogs love it. I average 20 MPG, around 23 on the freeway on trips, with fairly aggresive driving. Highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking!

Favorite Features

CVT, CVT, CVT! Also the styling is great, and the engine is just right.

Suggested Improvements

Well, I guess maybe a little beefier stereo, and better gas mileage would always be nice. But low 20s is fairly reasonable for an SUV the way I drive!