2006 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Nissan has a few bugs.
By saintro on 02/17/12 08:27 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Overall the Murano is good vehicle. That being said it like many other cars, I'm sure, is not without it faults. To date failures include: The passenger side sun visor flops down and refuses to stay up or forward. The side of the leather seat(the vinyl part) has split into an "X" for no apparent reason and the airbag light is flashing and is going to have to be replaced to the tune of $1000. The seat and visor is also a complaint in other Nissan model, that apparently is not an issue to Nissan.

Got It Right
By Incrediable on 08/26/10 06:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Researched-originally wanted a Volvo! However after doing the research and driving both- murano won out. Incredible drive and comfort! The body style is beautiful and classy. I have purchased over 24 cars in my driving lifetime. They really got this one right. If you find one used with low mileage get it! Cons: noise when Windows down-but knew this before purchase, but tolerable. Maintenance is easy. Overall makes you want to go out for a drive just for fun.

I love this car
By glen on 06/22/10 09:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I LOVE this car. I've driven pickups and cars but this is the first car I have ever really LOVED. Very powerful for an "SUV". I get 21 MPG ave. in town etc. Hwy is about 24 MPG. Doesn't have the range that some cars do but not a problem. Seats very comfortable to me. Seat heaters a bit uneven but I don't use that anyway.

Love My Murano!!!
By PBRAUN on 06/20/08 20:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Best SUV I have ever owned! Have had it 2 years, and am drooling over the new one! Can't see myself without a Murano ever again. Tranny is great, good gas mileage, hauls my toys very nicely (4 wheelers, snowmobiles, waverunners) and my dogs love it. I average 20 MPG, around 23 on the freeway on trips, with fairly aggresive driving. Highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking!

Why not a Murano
By BigBlue on 02/14/08 12:30 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We have had a Nissan Murano since December of 2005. The car is excellent for road trips. I have taken three teenagers, 15, 18, 19 on several road trips in the past two years and have not heard complaints from the back seat. We find gas mileage on the highway averages around 26mpg, 28 if its really easy driving. Around town we find this to be the perfect urban SUV. INterior is very nice the dash is easy to use and the handling is outstanding. Similar to our old maxima. Cargo space is quite good, see 3 teenagers, 2 adults road trip, everyone brought a suitcase and a couple of coolers. I plan to drive this until the wheels fall off.

Glad I got it!
By Shane on 09/12/07 17:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I just bought my Murano used a month ago from a private party. It only had 8,100 miles on it (2006). I looked for a year and got a great price for an SL in perfect condition. I love driving this car. It's zippy, and fun. The Bose stereo system sounds great for most, if you're really into your music you might be a little disappointed. The suspension is a little soft on the SL model if you really like to put the car through the turns. But overall I'm very happy with the car!! I love the interior and exterior lines.

A super SUV to own & drive
By D MARTIN on 10/10/06 00:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This truck is very fun to drive.The main reason why I purchased it was for the 5 star safety rating. Then the ride is very smooth and the power on the highway is great. It came with everything I wanted. I think the only thing that could be change is wood grain should be in all on the models.

Drive it and you will buy it
By Cynthia on 08/20/06 00:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've always wanted this vehicle the first I saw it. Now that I own it, I will never drive anything else. I get a lot of compliments about this car. This car is quiet, exceptionally smooth and technological. The CVT is amazing, no shift shock. It handles well, is very roomy inside and comfortable on long trips. The DVD is a nice touch in the center console.

My Murano
By C Rochelle on 07/24/06 15:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The car is wonderful. It has enough power to do whatever you need. The interrior has enough room to seat a six foot tall passenger in the back seat and still move the front seat back.

Love my murano
By evrelz on 07/13/06 20:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I absolutely love my murano, my kids and I can't get enough driving and riding in it. I love the intelligent key system, it's makes so much since for a mom who's usually got my hands full to not have to go dig in my purse for keys. The backup camera is great, I had the beeping on my last car, liked that too, but the camera is better. All of the safety features are a great big plus for me since I have children, I do feel safe in it. I like the t.v. and dvd player in the center console, it can be concealed when not in use. I wish it had bluetooth capability, and there does seem to be some glare on bright days, overall I love this car. It's really a sexy looking vehicle for a woman.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.