Used 2006 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Murano SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Murano has too many common chronic repair issues
By Max Magliaro

2006 Nissan Murano SUV S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The web is rife with common chronic failures in these vehicles, I have experienced enough of them, and Nissans' poor handling of their responsibility to the consumer, that I will never buy Nissan again. 2006 Murano, now has 88,000 miles on it. Among the failures: 1. Front driver's seat bracket broke (I was one of the lucky ones who could get the repair done with a $300 part instead of the whole $1000 carriage). Outrageous. This is a manufacturing defect and should be a free recall replacement. 2. Lower control arms - Just to replace worn-out BUSHINGS? You must be joking. A $250 job with $100 in parts for both sides suddenly costs $900 to replace both control arms. 3. Fuel pump sending unit (all "****" on the mileage display on the dash, and no indication of full/empty 4. Failed CD player 5. Driver's side power window motor --------------- So far, my CVT transmission has *not* failed, and I got a certificate with the car that extended the warranty on that to 10 years or 120,000 miles. But I am nearing that deadline, and I'm fearful that it will quit and leave me stuck with an enormous repair bill. I will probably scrap the car if that happens.

engine light
By Peni A Buckland

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My engine lite was on constantly. Took to Nissan dealership. Seems it had something to do with broken support bracket drivers side. They wanted $1300 to fix. Called Nissen and they paid for the repair. Took sever conversations but finally go an OK.

Comfort, drives nice, Had a window issue. resolved. Oil Engine light was also on all the time and could not fix it.

Seat issue

Guess I expected more
By dopplerdavetn

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought this car March 2012 with 83,000 miles. It drives well, the fuel economy is nowhere near the reported numbers. So far, have had a problem with the fuel pump & gas gauge, have had to replace rocker arms on the front twice (extended warranty), replace a front engine mount (warranty) & have had to fix the power steering (dealer said it's a common problem in that year Murano models). Also had to have wheel bearings replaced & replace the air blower (no air conditioning/heat at all). Very disappointed considering I'd driven Toyotas for over 15 years & had been told many good things about the Murano in this general model year.

Backup camera is large & very easy to use. The Bose sound system is magnificent. The self dimming rear-view mirror is wonderful, the heated seats are very nice. The car is roomy enough for my family without being too bulky. It drives like a car but functions like a crossover.

Wheel bearings, rocker arms, engine mounts, seat brackets, sun visors, fuel economy. The car loses its "fun to drive" factor after awhile.

Overall its OK
By pilotkid21

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Had my 2006 nissan murano SL AWD since Feb 2013. Overall its an ok car. Gas mileage is alright, im averaging 18 mpg on premium. So far I have had 2 problems. I replaced struts at 102k, bought it at 88k, Electronic coupling assembly broke, repair cost anywhere from $1000-$2000. I simply just unplugged it. Everything else seems to be fine. The CVT takes some getting used to especially on decelaration. As for the BOSE, theres nothing wrong with it at all, its a pretty powerfull system, i dont know why people hate it. Words are loud and clear and the bass is powerful. what more can you want from a sound system.

Bose audio, CVT acceleration and highway cruising

Watch Out for the Drivers Seat
By newowner10

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Murano in this vintage have a weak support on the drivers seat. If you look at the Chat area you will see what I mean. The part is $900 and you still need to install it or pay the labor.

Nice riding, good gas mileage.

Better seat bracket.