Used 2006 Nissan Murano SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Murano SUV

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

engine light
By Peni A Buckland

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My engine lite was on constantly. Took to Nissan dealership. Seems it had something to do with broken support bracket drivers side. They wanted $1300 to fix. Called Nissen and they paid for the repair. Took sever conversations but finally go an OK.

Favorite Features

Comfort, drives nice, Had a window issue. resolved. Oil Engine light was also on all the time and could not fix it.

Suggested Improvements

Seat issue

Guess I expected more
By dopplerdavetn

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought this car March 2012 with 83,000 miles. It drives well, the fuel economy is nowhere near the reported numbers. So far, have had a problem with the fuel pump & gas gauge, have had to replace rocker arms on the front twice (extended warranty), replace a front engine mount (warranty) & have had to fix the power steering (dealer said it's a common problem in that year Murano models). Also had to have wheel bearings replaced & replace the air blower (no air conditioning/heat at all). Very disappointed considering I'd driven Toyotas for over 15 years & had been told many good things about the Murano in this general model year.

Favorite Features

Backup camera is large & very easy to use. The Bose sound system is magnificent. The self dimming rear-view mirror is wonderful, the heated seats are very nice. The car is roomy enough for my family without being too bulky. It drives like a car but functions like a crossover.

Suggested Improvements

Wheel bearings, rocker arms, engine mounts, seat brackets, sun visors, fuel economy. The car loses its "fun to drive" factor after awhile.

Overall its OK
By pilotkid21

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Had my 2006 nissan murano SL AWD since Feb 2013. Overall its an ok car. Gas mileage is alright, im averaging 18 mpg on premium. So far I have had 2 problems. I replaced struts at 102k, bought it at 88k, Electronic coupling assembly broke, repair cost anywhere from $1000-$2000. I simply just unplugged it. Everything else seems to be fine. The CVT takes some getting used to especially on decelaration. As for the BOSE, theres nothing wrong with it at all, its a pretty powerfull system, i dont know why people hate it. Words are loud and clear and the bass is powerful. what more can you want from a sound system.

Favorite Features

Bose audio, CVT acceleration and highway cruising

Watch Out for the Drivers Seat
By newowner10

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Murano in this vintage have a weak support on the drivers seat. If you look at the Chat area you will see what I mean. The part is $900 and you still need to install it or pay the labor.

Favorite Features

Nice riding, good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Better seat bracket.

Nissan has a few bugs.
By saintro

2006 Nissan Murano SUV SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Overall the Murano is good vehicle. That being said it like many other cars, I'm sure, is not without it faults. To date failures include: The passenger side sun visor flops down and refuses to stay up or forward. The side of the leather seat(the vinyl part) has split into an "X" for no apparent reason and the airbag light is flashing and is going to have to be replaced to the tune of $1000. The seat and visor is also a complaint in other Nissan model, that apparently is not an issue to Nissan.

Favorite Features

Lots of cargo room!! I'd say leg room also but I can't actually be a good judge on this as I'm only 5'1". The car does have pep in it's step when you need it. Handeling is excellent, the roads where I live are curvy and the Murano has no problem handeling them.

Suggested Improvements

The quality of the seats is huge issue as is the visors especially since I don't drive that often I have about 74,000 miles on my car. The gas millage is not even close 27mpg suggested I get about 20 and I'm rural (not a lot of stop and start driving).