Used 2006 Nissan Murano SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

engine light
By Peni A Buckland

2006 Nissan Murano SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My engine lite was on constantly. Took to Nissan dealership. Seems it had something to do with broken support bracket drivers side. They wanted $1300 to fix. Called Nissen and they paid for the repair. Took sever conversations but finally go an OK.

Comfort, drives nice, Had a window issue. resolved. Oil Engine light was also on all the time and could not fix it.

Seat issue

FANTABULOUS
By KAY C

2006 Nissan Murano SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I absolutely love this car. Very comfortable as the driver; and get lots of compliments on how comfortable the back seat passengers are. Excellent "road trip" vehicle offering extreme comfort and dependability.

Keyless entry & ignition Smart key will no allow you to lock yourself out of the car while key is still in the car (very important feature for me who has the habit of locking keys in car)Bose system offers incredible stereo sound (great for road trip) dual climate control no complaining passengers

A/C control on steering wheel; other than that, can't think of of thing to complain about.

Love My Murano!
By ndee

2006 Nissan Murano SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love my car, and I tell everyone! I get asked how I like it by interested strangers and tell them about the 26 MPG highway (22 city - I drive less aggressively than most though) people seem surprised that is gets the same MPG as my maxima did. My friends called it the YAV - Yuppie Assault Vehicle until I took it camping. Don't let the leather seats fool you - the Murano handled the dirt roads, streams and beach as well as my mom's Jeep! I can't wait to get a tow-bar to pull the toys. This is my 2nd Murano I upgraded from a 2wdS to the 4wdSE and will drive it as long as it goes!

CVT, keyless ignition!

The front grille has a problem with the chrome coming off the plastic. I have to get it replaced (on warranty) about once a year. It happened on my other Murano too.

Impressive Vehicle
By ERSAN E.

2006 Nissan Murano SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is an impressive SUV for its value. I was planing to buy Benz or BMW but I am glad I kept my 20,000 bucks in my pocket and got more from my Murano than those vehicles offer. Excellent comfort, service and performance. It sticks to the ground on snowy and icy road conditions. Interior design is very attractive and CVT shift is the most interesting feature you can experience and only at Nissan vehicles. I am glad that I test drove this vehicle that day and bought it. Extremely recommended.

CVT, interior design, performance on slippery road conditions esp. on snow and ice, reliability

Murano Highs and Lows
By Big Blue

2006 Nissan Murano SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great styling and general performance. Gas mileage is much less than similar cars of this size that I have owned. The car is solid, but any packages that I place in the car rattle like crazy. This is the only car where I have experienced this phenomenon. It detracts immensely from the overall driving experience. Is there that much difference in the ride of an SL versus my SE?

Styling, performance, smooth shifting with CV transmission. No major mechanical issues in 30,000 miles.

Better gas mileage, smoother ride, door locks that activate when you place the transmission in DRIVE or PARK (even my cheap Beetle has this feature).