2006 Nissan Murano SL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

2006 Murano Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

Sort Reviews by

Nissan has a few bugs.
By saintro

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Overall the Murano is good vehicle. That being said it like many other cars, I'm sure, is not without it faults. To date failures include: The passenger side sun visor flops down and refuses to stay up or forward. The side of the leather seat(the vinyl part) has split into an "X" for no apparent reason and the airbag light is flashing and is going to have to be replaced to the tune of $1000. The seat and visor is also a complaint in other Nissan model, that apparently is not an issue to Nissan.

Favorite Features

Lots of cargo room!! I'd say leg room also but I can't actually be a good judge on this as I'm only 5'1". The car does have pep in it's step when you need it. Handeling is excellent, the roads where I live are curvy and the Murano has no problem handeling them.

Suggested Improvements

The quality of the seats is huge issue as is the visors especially since I don't drive that often I have about 74,000 miles on my car. The gas millage is not even close 27mpg suggested I get about 20 and I'm rural (not a lot of stop and start driving).

Got It Right
By Incrediable

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Researched-originally wanted a Volvo! However after doing the research and driving both- murano won out. Incredible drive and comfort! The body style is beautiful and classy. I have purchased over 24 cars in my driving lifetime. They really got this one right. If you find one used with low mileage get it! Cons: noise when Windows down-but knew this before purchase, but tolerable. Maintenance is easy. Overall makes you want to go out for a drive just for fun.

Favorite Features

Navigation, back up camera seating very comfortable

Suggested Improvements

Doors do not stay open when loading- need to open all the way

I love this car
By glen

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I LOVE this car. I've driven pickups and cars but this is the first car I have ever really LOVED. Very powerful for an "SUV". I get 21 MPG ave. in town etc. Hwy is about 24 MPG. Doesn't have the range that some cars do but not a problem. Seats very comfortable to me. Seat heaters a bit uneven but I don't use that anyway.

Favorite Features

Seats, engine Power, Style, storage, Navigation, backup camera, Quiet, sound system,

Suggested Improvements

make the ride in the back seat less rough, make the Nav system easier to program.

Love My Murano!!!
By PBRAUN

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Best SUV I have ever owned! Have had it 2 years, and am drooling over the new one! Can't see myself without a Murano ever again. Tranny is great, good gas mileage, hauls my toys very nicely (4 wheelers, snowmobiles, waverunners) and my dogs love it. I average 20 MPG, around 23 on the freeway on trips, with fairly aggresive driving. Highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking!

Favorite Features

CVT, CVT, CVT! Also the styling is great, and the engine is just right.

Suggested Improvements

Well, I guess maybe a little beefier stereo, and better gas mileage would always be nice. But low 20s is fairly reasonable for an SUV the way I drive!

Why not a Murano
By BigBlue

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We have had a Nissan Murano since December of 2005. The car is excellent for road trips. I have taken three teenagers, 15, 18, 19 on several road trips in the past two years and have not heard complaints from the back seat. We find gas mileage on the highway averages around 26mpg, 28 if its really easy driving. Around town we find this to be the perfect urban SUV. INterior is very nice the dash is easy to use and the handling is outstanding. Similar to our old maxima. Cargo space is quite good, see 3 teenagers, 2 adults road trip, everyone brought a suitcase and a couple of coolers. I plan to drive this until the wheels fall off.

Favorite Features

Handling, gas mileage, interior comfort. Good acceleration.

Glad I got it!
By Shane

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I just bought my Murano used a month ago from a private party. It only had 8,100 miles on it (2006). I looked for a year and got a great price for an SL in perfect condition. I love driving this car. It's zippy, and fun. The Bose stereo system sounds great for most, if you're really into your music you might be a little disappointed. The suspension is a little soft on the SL model if you really like to put the car through the turns. But overall I'm very happy with the car!! I love the interior and exterior lines.

Favorite Features

I love the looks and styling of this car. Bose stereo system, back seats recline slightly, back up camera is awesome as well!

Suggested Improvements

An EQ for the stereo system. Improved suspension for performance driving (OK, I'm really picky). The car is great otherwise!!

A super SUV to own & drive
By D MARTIN

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This truck is very fun to drive.The main reason why I purchased it was for the 5 star safety rating. Then the ride is very smooth and the power on the highway is great. It came with everything I wanted. I think the only thing that could be change is wood grain should be in all on the models.

Favorite Features

The reverse camera and the DVD player.I also enjoy the smart key and it has a lot of leg room being that I am 6'. The Boss system is super.

Suggested Improvements

Install wood grain in all of the models.

Drive it and you will buy it
By Cynthia

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've always wanted this vehicle the first I saw it. Now that I own it, I will never drive anything else. I get a lot of compliments about this car. This car is quiet, exceptionally smooth and technological. The CVT is amazing, no shift shock. It handles well, is very roomy inside and comfortable on long trips. The DVD is a nice touch in the center console.

Favorite Features

CVT, Intelligent key, reaview camera, color display information screen, adjustable pedals and heated seats with memory.

Suggested Improvements

DVD should not be a FM modulator, it should be intergrated like the Armada's DVD system. Bose stereo should have an auxillary input for Ipods, MP3 players etc.

My Murano
By C Rochelle

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The car is wonderful. It has enough power to do whatever you need. The interrior has enough room to seat a six foot tall passenger in the back seat and still move the front seat back.

Favorite Features

The large display in the dash is great.

Suggested Improvements

Make the rear bumber gaurd standard and not an option. We have scratched the paint on the rear bumper repeatedly.

Love my murano
By evrelz

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I absolutely love my murano, my kids and I can't get enough driving and riding in it. I love the intelligent key system, it's makes so much since for a mom who's usually got my hands full to not have to go dig in my purse for keys. The backup camera is great, I had the beeping on my last car, liked that too, but the camera is better. All of the safety features are a great big plus for me since I have children, I do feel safe in it. I like the t.v. and dvd player in the center console, it can be concealed when not in use. I wish it had bluetooth capability, and there does seem to be some glare on bright days, overall I love this car. It's really a sexy looking vehicle for a woman.

Favorite Features

Sexy look, intelligent key, nav. system, sound system, large cargo area, reclining back seats, t.v. and dvd player in center console, 18 inch wheels (chrome really dresses it up) etc. etc.

Suggested Improvements

bluetooth capability, more compartments in front especially for sunglasses, easier access to car charger, more air vents for back seat.