Used 2006 Nissan Murano S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:

poor gas milage
By sals

2006 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The Murano is a nice car but the gas mileage stinks. although it says 20 mpg in the city and 25 on highway on the posted window tag, the real truth is 15 mpg city driving. The dealer told me to switch to high test gas and I did. now I get 15.7 mpg. I don't rough ride the car and don't pull out fast from stops. I had a nissan Max before and was satisfied with 20 mpg. so this is a big drop, especially when gas was 4.00 per gal. The interior came only in black or Tan. Not much of a choice. It does have a lot of room and has a good ride, city and highway. I have a 2007....

LCD display, not to happy with the orange color gauges. like the drop down seats in the back. Had to take out the head rest in the back middle seat to see out the back window.

a more neutral color like gray would be better than black. Gets to hot in the summer.

Long time Nissan owner
By Chris

2006 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is a very nice riding car. Handles well on poor driving surfaces. Gas mileage is not what I would like, but I've been driving a 4cyl Altima for the last 12 years. One poor feature is passenger side mirror visibility. Windows are tinted & headrest are very large. I had to install fisheye mirrors to improve field of vision. Other than that the Murano is a great buy.

Flat folding rear seats, dual temperature settings.

Poor passenger side view mirror visibility.

Nissan Murano
By Traci

2006 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great ride, good fuel mileage, nice to look at, comfortable. I love almost everything about this car.

Love the gear next to drive!!! Passing another vehicle or getting on the highway is much easier with this feature!!

I like when the headlights come on and go off automatically, they don't in this car. It is also hard to tell by looking if the doors are locked or not.

I love this car........................
By the best...by david

2006 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had Dodge Caravan for past 3 years and i had the worst experience. Anyway, we decided to trade in for a Japanese car. After going through the list, we decided to buy Nissan Murano. I had a car for a week and i could only say how much i love the car. First of all i give a lot of credit to the Nissan because I think they really done their homework well. From exterior to interior i could only be amazed by what they have done... Best of all i only bought Murano S AWD which is the base model and this was enough to turn my and others head. I could only imagine what its like to have the upper model......

amazing exterior to interior....two thumbs up

none.....

2006 Nissan Murano S
By Murano S

2006 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have been driving my Murano for approx 5 months. It drives and handles very well. I am 6' 3" tall and have plenty of head and leg room. With the CVT transmission you don't feel any shifting. My wife likes the dual climate controls.

The best part of the Murano is the smooth ride.

The S model only comes with a four speaker stereo system. They should give six speakers like the SL and SE.