2006 Nissan Murano - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Murano model:
Guess I expected more
By dopplerdavetn on 11/07/13 20:12 PM (PST)

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought this car March 2012 with 83,000 miles. It drives well, the fuel economy is nowhere near the reported numbers. So far, have had a problem with the fuel pump & gas gauge, have had to replace rocker arms on the front twice (extended warranty), replace a front engine mount (warranty) & have had to fix the power steering (dealer said it's a common problem in that year Murano models). Also had to have wheel bearings replaced & replace the air blower (no air conditioning/heat at all). Very disappointed considering I'd driven Toyotas for over 15 years & had been told many good things about the Murano in this general model year.

Overall its OK
By pilotkid21 on 08/18/13 10:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Had my 2006 nissan murano SL AWD since Feb 2013. Overall its an ok car. Gas mileage is alright, im averaging 18 mpg on premium. So far I have had 2 problems. I replaced struts at 102k, bought it at 88k, Electronic coupling assembly broke, repair cost anywhere from $1000-$2000. I simply just unplugged it. Everything else seems to be fine. The CVT takes some getting used to especially on decelaration. As for the BOSE, theres nothing wrong with it at all, its a pretty powerfull system, i dont know why people hate it. Words are loud and clear and the bass is powerful. what more can you want from a sound system.

Watch Out for the Drivers Seat
By newowner10 on 05/15/12 13:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Murano in this vintage have a weak support on the drivers seat. If you look at the Chat area you will see what I mean. The part is $900 and you still need to install it or pay the labor.

Nissan has a few bugs.
By saintro on 02/17/12 08:27 AM (PST)

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Overall the Murano is good vehicle. That being said it like many other cars, I'm sure, is not without it faults. To date failures include: The passenger side sun visor flops down and refuses to stay up or forward. The side of the leather seat(the vinyl part) has split into an "X" for no apparent reason and the airbag light is flashing and is going to have to be replaced to the tune of $1000. The seat and visor is also a complaint in other Nissan model, that apparently is not an issue to Nissan.

Piece of Crap!
By raymarie11 on 08/23/11 19:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano S 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've had this car for almost 2 years now and within first month I was stuck at work with a car that wouldn't start. Ended up being battery which wasn't covered obviously. then I had to go back like 3 months later for another problem, car wouldn't move, they claimed that from a good previous rain storm that something got flooded out internally and whatever repair it was, was covered. Then I went back again for some grinding noise, ended up being wheel barrings which were covered again. Then I went BACK again for some rattling noise it was making. Ended up paying 1100 freaking dollars for all these repairs only to have to come back 2 weeks later for a squeeky noise. and then it cut off. Beware

Nissan Does Not Stand Behind Their Product.
By fargo5 on 07/13/11 13:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My Murano only had 58,461 miles on it when my transfer case fell to pieces. Replacement cost $3,800. I've always driven it well and have done oil changes on time. I was under the 60,000 miles warrenty and my 5 year warrenty had only expired by three months. I called Nissan to see if they would stand behind their product. I waited three weeks before the represenative told me No, based on that I didn't do all my oil changes at the Nissan dealership. They didn't look at the fact that I did do all my repairs at the Nissan dealership. I've done research online and there are a lot of unhappy Murano owners, that have had the same problem with their transmission. This should have been a recall.

Don't expect a quality warranty!
By custservice1 on 07/11/11 09:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The transmission has a poor warranty of 5 years and / or 60,000 miles. My wifes vehicle has always been maintained and driven well but at 58,000 miles (2 1/2 months after the five year warranty expired) the transmission completely went out. The dealership qutoed $3,800 for the repair / replacement. We phoned Nissan directly (and the dealership also contacted them about the issue) hoping they would stand behind their car and help with a portion of the $4,000 bill for an obviously faulty transmission. The Nissan representative took 3 weeks to give an answer and then the answer was no, because oil changes and tire rotations were not done by the dealership! Don't expect them to stand behind it

Absolute rattlebox- don't buy!
By zookeeper711 on 04/22/11 21:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded in a 4Runner for my Murano just over a year ago and wish I hadn't! It didn't take long for the Murano to develop rattles. Seems like as soon as I figure out one rattle, another one starts. It has a very rough ride and it makes the rattles that much worse. The car does look nice and has some nice features, but those are the only positive things I can say about it. I was hoping for great gas mileage, but it has been a big disappointment. I get 19-20 mpg on the highway. My husband recently purchased a 2004 4Runner with a V6 for himself and so far, it gets better gas mileage, has a much smoother ride and has way more room. Do not buy a 2006 model!

Got It Right
By Incrediable on 08/26/10 06:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Researched-originally wanted a Volvo! However after doing the research and driving both- murano won out. Incredible drive and comfort! The body style is beautiful and classy. I have purchased over 24 cars in my driving lifetime. They really got this one right. If you find one used with low mileage get it! Cons: noise when Windows down-but knew this before purchase, but tolerable. Maintenance is easy. Overall makes you want to go out for a drive just for fun.

I love this car
By glen on 06/22/10 09:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Murano SL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I LOVE this car. I've driven pickups and cars but this is the first car I have ever really LOVED. Very powerful for an "SUV". I get 21 MPG ave. in town etc. Hwy is about 24 MPG. Doesn't have the range that some cars do but not a problem. Seats very comfortable to me. Seat heaters a bit uneven but I don't use that anyway.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.