The surprise cute-ute
By Dan on
2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I started searching for a small SUV to replace my wife's old 03 Outback. I had narrowed my choices down between the rav4 & crv. After finding that the rav4 equipped the way we wanted wasn't a good deal, I was sure the crv would be the car. We happened to checkout the new rogue, but we weren't impressed with it. My wife however, liked the Murano. After realizing it was MUCH bigger than it looks, we took one for a spin, and liked the overall feel. We went to look at the crv, and did not like it, so we went back and got a murano. MPG is good IMO for a V6 SUV. We've had the car for over 2 weeks now, and consistently avg about 20-21 mpg with mostly "city" (stop lights) driving. Great car!
Favorite Features
Fold flat seats from handle in rear. Comfy seats. Good but a bit dated nav/stereo system. Heated seats. reclining back seats.
Suggested Improvements
As others have mentioned, CVT really needs some adjustments. It doesn't feel natural at all. Ride could be a lot smoother, you really do feel every crack in the road. Stop making ppl pay $180/yr for nav updates!