2005 Nissan Murano Consumer Review: A GREAT Car...stylish and FUN!

2005 Nissan Murano - Consumer Review

2005 Nissan Murano

SL 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 CVT Automatic)

A GREAT Car...stylish and FUN!
By Kat Kramer on

2005 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had been in love with the Murano since it was first introduced, but was looking at the Lexus when I ran across this pre-owned one. It's my first Nissan (I've always had Hondas, Mazdas, & Toyotas), and I'm thoroughly impressed. With all the SUVs on the market, the Murano still stands out. My parents have the Lexus RX330, and the Murano actually is roomier. Even the back seats are comfortable for passengers, and Nissan included features I thought were frivolous and silly, like the "proximity key", that I've really come to rely on and love. Like buying an Apple computer...the company gave me more than I needed, and made the driving experience much more than I expected. I'm delighted.

The proximity key, that allows you to open the doors with a button without getting your key out, and even start the car. I LOVE the navigation system, and the BOSE stereo makes my 1-1/2 hour commute much more fun. VERY roomy. And the sunroof. And seatwarmers. And dual climate control. Bliss.

The only thing I could suggest would be to have a "closer" on the two vents in the middle of the dash. And a navigation system that could update itself through a satellite...I had to pay $180 for the upgraded DVDs, and it's still missing all of the toll roads in Austin. But those are minor.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review