2005 Nissan Murano Consumer Review: What was I thinking?

2005 Nissan Murano - Consumer Review

SL 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 CVT Automatic)

What was I thinking?
By fancypants1 on

2005 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded my lovely trouble free Honda Accord for this 2005 Murano SL with 82k miles. Was told the previous owner babied this vehicle. The leather is practically perfect so I was like ok. Week 1--the battery dies. I replaced a 2005 Nissan Factory battery in 2013!! With a J-05 code on it. Even after I replaced the battery the car wouldnt start. I tell the dealer I bought it from they cant look at it until monday. I finally get it started but I smell gas just briefly. I make it to dealer only to have the service guy tell me he cant look at it. grrr. I drive back and my gas level depletes pretty quickly. Glad I made it home. I ended up walking to work as I am now out of gas.

love the room between the lift gate and the back seat, love how high I sit. overall love the vehicle just not the issues.

Make sure all systems respond immediately upon replacing battery. Having the fuel delivery system delay cost me 2 hours of vacation time at work so I could walk home in safety.