MuranoMisery
By muranomisery on
2005 Nissan Murano SL Fwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I purchased a used AS-IS 2005 Nissan Murano with 67,476 exact miles on the odometer from Landers McLarty Nissan in Huntsville Alabama August 17, 2011 with a verbal promise and guarantee that they do not re-sale any used vehicles that are not up to standard, dependable and trustworthy. Supposedly, all vehicles go through a thorough inspection process. My sales person, Eukrina’s exact words were “we do not put our name on anything that we won’t stand behind.”Two weeks after purchase I notice vibration and knocking noise from under the hood. Mechanical inspection from Madison Automotive on September 7, 2011 revealed that I had two motor mounts broken. (Front Engine Mount-part #11270CN101 and lower rear engine mount-part #11320CA110) Total repair estimate $847.12 I called the dealership to see if they were going to help with some of the repair cost and I was told that it must have been something that I did and that I should know that they had to replace the transmission in my trade in vehicle. Landers McLarty Nissan drove my 2000 Nissan Maxima before making me an offer and knew what the vehicle was worth and that should not have any bearing on the fact that this dealership sold me a lemon. Unable to afford replacement of both motor mounts at the same time, I had the front engine mount replaced on September 12, 2011 at a cost of $400.00, mileage aprox. 69,000. Firestone Complete Auto Care in Huntsville Alabama replaced the rear lower engine mount on October 15, 2011 at a cost of $402.15 exact mileage 70,486. At 72,469 exact miles the service engine light came on and after an engine diagnostic test with Firestone Complete Auto Care in Huntsville Alabama December 14, 2011 at a cost of $106.47 the result is a bad catalytic converter. I was advised that this could be a manufacture covered replacement issue. Landers McLarty Nissan of Huntsville performed their diagnostic test December 20, 2011 with the same results and I was told that yes it is a bad catalytic converter but that the vehicle passed the emission control test and that I must have used some bad gasoline. I informed the service person that I have only used Chevron regular grade gasoline since the purchase of the vehicle on August 17th 2011. I was told that there is nothing that they can do and suggested that I run premium gasoline in the vehicle to see if this clears the problem. I have relayed this information to a reputable mechanic and repair shop and I am told that is only a ploy to get me over the mileage whereas the manufactures warranty would not have to cover the repair/replacement of the $500.00 part. Now, an additional $1,005.73 later I’ve had both struts replaced with the need of replacing the shocks on the rear, bushings (both lower-front) upper radiator hose, front exhaust gusset, drive belts and two tires.