Love it but now getting worried
By grvqn on
2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
Now hitting my 6th year with 60K and here are my problems, my sun visor on the driver side is broken, CD player doesn’t play CD’s anymore, back windows don’t roll up (when I don’t really use them, but the time I do now I have a problem). My driver side door I’m now having problems of it locking and unlocking. Now I have to double check my door before walking away… What else can go wrong.
By grvqn
on 02/28/12 13:40 PM (PST)

I took it in for a oil change and I have even more problems!! Have to replace the engine mounts that are $800. I'm at $70K and now the check engine light is on. Notice the other day that when I pressed on gas, the car would go very slow. to just get it checked out would cost me $150. I read on here that hit happend to another person and it would cost $450 to fix! Looking at getting a new car before this goes up in price to fix!!

By smurff1
on 10/07/11 20:43 PM (PDT)

I tell you what else can go wrong for starters the "high pressure power steering hose". Mine started leaking power steering fluid around 45K miles so did the power door locks, 3 of them in fact. The hose by itself was $245 plus the labor to install it. The door locks were around $235 and $175 I think plus the labor. The "O" ring went out around the same time as the as the hose which made it leak motor oil, luckily it only cost $18 plus the labor. Around 65k the computer started acting up, they charged me around $200 to take it out, clean the connectors and plug it back in. around 95k two engine mount went out, had get those replaced as well along with the front struts. Oh, and the transmission oil change scheduled around 100k, DON't miss it. The transmission are VERY expensive to repair. BTW, the price of the transmission oil went up to around $250, ouch...... All that said, I've put over $3,000 in this car in it's first 100k miles. In my opinion the murano is a piece of garbage. Nissan gets you hooked with comfort and the nice features of the vehicle but it's obvious they are using poor quality parts in their vehicles. I won't buy another Nissan again. My Suzuki XL7 who is considered a "budget" Japanese car has about the same amount of mile as the murano, all I've had to spend on is just regular maintenance. Stay away from this one if you can.......