2005 Nissan Murano Consumer Review: Good for what it is

2005 Nissan Murano - Consumer Review

SL 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD CVT Automatic)

Good for what it is
By Nissan2 on

2005 Nissan Murano SL AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I own a 2002 Altima with 143000 miles. I gave it to my wife to drive. She eagerly drove the car. Found this car on the used car lot. The SUV drives like a sports car but loves premium fuel to get the best performance. This SUV is very solid and quite. The CVT is very smooth and I love the way it accelerates. If you drive this car aggressively your mileage will suffer. I consistently get 21 to 24 MPG. I knew the mileage potential before I bought it. I wasn't sure if I would like the different styling of the dash but it perfect for placing my Garmin Nuvi760 on. I used the bean bag (friction) mount.

Favorite Features

Keyless ignition is great. I do enjoy the 8-way adjustable seating and the leather interior. The short wheelbase allows you to make very tight turns. Many people have admired the SUV and commented on the quality of the ride. The black leather interior is the best color of the Murano choices.

Suggested Improvements

The gauges and the yellow monochrome display are probably the two features I am not wild about. Being a used car it is still a very good vehicle.